Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spybot 1.6.2 Immunization and IE8 64 bit

Default Spybot 1.6.2 Immunization and IE8 64 bit

I reinstalled my os (Win XP 64 bit) and now IE8 64 bit's Secure Domains immunization fails partially (IE8 32 bit immunization works fine), already tried deleting Sec. Domains-folder from registry and trying again but no luck, still 1035 Sec. Domains not immunizated.

Other active security softwares are Comodo Internet Security 5.10 and Spywareblaster, Malwarebytes Scanner I use once a week.

I use IE8 only on 1 website so not a big deal but still would be nice to have full immunization.

Before reinstallation of os no problems with immunizations.

Hello,

1. Did you open Spybot with a right click and choose "run as administrator/take ownership"?

2. Did you disable your other security applications during the immunization?

3. Did you close the browser before performing the immunization?

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

1. Did you open Spybot with a right click and choose "run as administrator/take ownership"?

2. Did you disable your other security applications during the immunization?

3. Did you close the browser before performing the immunization?

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot
    1. I'm only user so I'm admin. Not sure if I 1st time installed spybot as safe mode admin not normal admin since that was ~2 years ago.

2. On 3rd try I disabled everything besides firewall from Comodo IS but no difference.

3. Yes, I have always closed browsers before immunization.

Immunization error-log says that TInternetExplorerSecureDomainImmunizer:Could not open for immunization: \SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\EscDomains\ and list of sites.

Also uninstalled and reinstalled spybot w/o difference.

Hello,

That sounds like any program is blocking the access to the domains for the immunization.
    Which other security software do you run besides Comodo?

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

only active is comodo and spywareblaster and mbam are passive.

update: I got everything immunized in safe mode (as inistructed in stickied topic) but when I returned to notmal mode IE8 32/64bit had got sec. domains error and then I went back to safe mode and undid all immunizations and redid those and all went perfectly and then went back to normal mode and now IE8 64bit has sec. domains error again even when I left safe mode everything was immunized. Might try safe mode again but after 2 attemptsd on't think it works.

updare: after latest updates IE 32 bit and IE 32/64 bit and IE 64 bit have failed immunizations in domains (1 each comibination and user) besides IE 64 bit's failed secure domains immunization.

Default A suggestion...

Hi cx166,

When you disable CIS Defense+ use the check box in d+ settings rather than the slider. (The slider leaves some HIPS functions active even in Disabled mode.) Reboot, and try immunization again.

Good Luck!
    Lancer

Quote Originally Posted by Lancer View Post
    Hi cx166,

When you disable CIS Defense+ use the check box in d+ settings rather than the slider. (The slider leaves some HIPS functions active even in Disabled mode.) Reboot, and try immunization again.

Good Luck!
    Lancer
    tried and no effect, still 1045 failed immunization.

update: got other immunization to work but IE 64 bit has 1045 failed immunization in secured domains, uninstalled spybot via safe mode admin and reinstalled and only effect was that other IEs got all immunizated except IE 64 bit.

what's weird that as safe mode admin I can get everything immunizated but if I do re-check then IE 64 bit gets 1045 un-immunizated sec. domains so sb can't immunize those.