Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spybot 1.6.2 Immunization and IE8 64 bit

Default Spybot 2 and IE 8 64 bit

Same problem as before with 1.6.2, SB2 can't immunize secure domains fully on IE8 64 bit, otherwise all got immunized

Hello,

Do you run any other security software?
    Did you close your browser during the immunization?

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Like I said on 1.6.2 and IE8 64 bit-thread other sec software (active) is Comodo Internet Security and yes I have disabled all CIS-progs and tried to immunize w/o results and yes browser has been closed during immunization and yes I have tried to immunization in 1.6.2 as safe mode admin (there I managed to temporarily get full immunization but rechecking left over 1000 secure domains un-immunizated).

Hello,

Please open regedit with admin rights (Start>type 'regedit' in search bar>right-click and select 'Run as administrator')

open:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap
    or on a x86/32bit system:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap
    and delete the folder 'Domains'.

If this refuses to delete, right-click and select 'Permissions...', select your username from the list (or find it by clicking Add...>Advanced...>Find Now and then select your username and click OK). Then tick the Allow boxes, click OK and delete.

You can now open Spybot and Immunize again.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Did that as I have done before too and deleted that folder and re-immunized but still 1055 un-immunzed sec. domains on IE8 64bit and even giving me and admins full perms to that folder (had only special perms before) and running immunize again didn't change anything.

sec. domains get immunized in IE8 32bit and IE8 32/64bit but not in IE8 64bit.

if SB2 makes a log about not immunized things I have no idea where it puts it since its not in c-drive's root like 1.6.2 put it there and no file named immudebug anywhere.
    Last edited by cx166; 2012-11-22 at 14:18.

Default SpyBot 2 and immunization

Something is very bugged since immunization is lost after I close immunization-window and then open it again from SB Start Center.

XP64bit is OS and only other security software is Comodo IS which I disabled and tried to immunize again but no effect.

update: after resetting IE8 sec. domains un-immunization dropped to ~600 but domains un-immunization rose to 262 from 0 and IE32/64bit sec. domains rose to 171 from 0.
    Last edited by tashi; 2012-11-22 at 20:25. Reason: Merged three topics into one thread

post made 18:14 was before I realized that SB2 doesn't immunize at all (posted at 18:10).

Hello,

Did you also deactivate SpywareBlaster to check if it's not a compatibility issue?

Please post or send us a registry export.

Open the registry editor by:
    (a)
    press windowskey + r then enter "regedit" (without quotation marks)
    or
    (b)
    click on "start" , then "run" and enter "regedit" (without quotation marks)

(a+b)
    and then browse to the paths:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap
    or on a x86/32bit system:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap

Now export the key "run" by right clicking on it and choosing export. If you export, export only the selected structure. Give the file a name like domains.reg and attach it.
    Thanks.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Disabling Spywareblaster's protection and re-immunizing SB no effect (1055 un-immunized sec. doimains and immunizations vanish as soon as I close immunize-window).

zonemap attached.