Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "No Network Connection Available! Please Check Your Connection Settings."

I had this problem on Windows 8, this is the easy Spybot solution:
    Settings > Check Advanced User Mode > Internet Connection Tab > Do not use any proxy trying to access the internet

The default option is set to Use the same global settings as Internet Explorer the Spybot 2.0 recommendation may not be good for everyone. If Dial-up connection/proxy information is inserted into Internet Explorer > Settings > Internet Options > Connections Tab this option will work.

When using a network adapter/router windows will automatically detect network settings. These seem to be unavailable to Spybot 2.0. Internet Explorer just works. Use the control panel and manually set network addresses for the network adapter. Spybot 2.0 will now update using the default Use the same global settings as Internet Explorer setting.
    Last edited by Buggolo; 2012-11-17 at 04:24. Reason: Clarity and Neatness

Quote Originally Posted by Buggolo View Post
    Settings > Check Advanced User Mode > Internet Connection Tab > Do not use any proxy trying to access the internet
    I tried this and it made no difference for me.

The default option is set to Use the same global settings as Internet Explorer the Spybot 2.0 recommendation may not be good for everyone. If Dial-up connection/proxy information is inserted into Internet Explorer > Settings > Internet Options > Connections Tab this option will work.

When using a network adapter/router windows will automatically detect network settings. These seem to be unavailable to Spybot 2.0. Internet Explorer just works. Use the control panel and manually set network addresses for the network adapter. Spybot 2.0 will now update using the default Use the same global settings as Internet Explorer setting.
    Already had tried it before, tried it again, no difference. Debating trying with a proxy...

EDIT: Attempted with ~5 different proxies, no dice. There was never any loading type screen of 'checking for connection' or anything either, just direct to 'no connection found.' Seems odd considering it finds the files updates it needs online...
    Last edited by Garrix; 2012-11-17 at 11:45.

Yes, quite strange. Have you both tried setting your network information through your network adapters properties? For example IP address, Default gateway and DNS?

The other suggestion I have is Windows Firewall, it runs by default on all new windows installs unless intentionally disabled. Through 'Allow apps to communicate through Windows Firewall', add the following files from the Spybot SD 2.0 directory (it does not do this for us automatically).

SDUpdate.exe (Known as Update)
    SDUpdSvc.exe (Known as Spybot S&D 2 Background update service)
    SDPEStart.exe (Known as Spybot S&D Start Center)

Ensure that the Public checkbox is ticked for each of the above, Initially this is what I did. I always configure my network connection manually anyway its just that this was a clean Windows 8 Professional install. Once Spybot was restarted it instantly resolved the problem and updated.
    Last edited by Buggolo; 2012-11-17 at 18:29.

completely disabled windows firewall, no difference. Please note here, it is finding the update files. It knows exactly what needs to be updated. I'm assuming this information is from the internet, it just cannot update. I think the issue that needs to be looked at is, why can it find which files need an update, but not actually update them. It can connect through one way, but not another. That smacks of something within the program to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrix View Post
    That smacks of something within the program to me.
    I think that that has been acknowledged by Spybot.

The question now is whether they can fix it.

The hints from Buggolo dont work, Not changing Proxy-Settings and Not
    Changing DNS-Settings. And it cannot work, the Error is in the Code of the updater-components. If u load the components of
    Rc2 and Rc3 into disasembler and lock for the differences u see it will work only on special System- and network-architecture. I only Can hope Spybot will realy solve this till this week.

Sorry if I wasted anyone's time. Just trying to help. Like I said. I had this problem and then managed to resolve it myself.

Sorry if I wasted anyone's time. Just trying to help. Like I said. I had this problem and then managed to resolve it myself.
    No worries, but I'd suggest using the test in http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...083#post433083 to make sure that you really are up to date.

I get the same message as in your post, but when I ran the test after new definitions were released on Wednesday, new files were downloaded.

Quote Originally Posted by drghughes View Post
    No worries, but I'd suggest using the test in http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...083#post433083 to make sure that you really are up to date.

I get the same message as in your post, but when I ran the test after new definitions were released on Wednesday, new files were downloaded.
    So u both use the Supported hash from the System- and network- configuration, but for
    This of us, like me, who have a different configuration the updater is not showing this, it Shows instead the Connection-Error