Thread: still no Live-Protection, no Browser-Integartion and no Browser-PlugIn

Default still no Live-Protection, no Browser-Integartion and no Browser-PlugIn

into Rc3 agan, are Live-Protection, no Browser-Integartion (System-Integration) for Chrome, Firefox and Opera (only for IE) and no Browser-PlugIn for Chrome

Hello,

It was not part of RC 2 either, neither we did say it would be part of RC 3.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

i knew u did not say it will be a part of rc3, but since a 3rd release-candidate should almost show the final-protect, i was just wondering.
    i and many others would realy miss this feautures, if spybot 2 would be released without them.

Hello,

It will be released without them as our license agreement for RC 3 says:
    "We're nearly done - this is Release Candidate 3, which we hope will also be the final release!"

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

It will be released without them as our license agreement for RC 3 says:
    "We're nearly done - this is Release Candidate 3, which we hope will also be the final release!"

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot
    this are really bad news! So between Spybot 1.6.2 and Spybot 2 did not really change very much and the most of the great new features did vanish.

Will there be an update (even an optional) to a later time, which will provide this feautures?

Hello,

There are a lot of changes between version 1.6.2 and 2.0 which have been detailed documented in our news and beta section.
    You can also check the announcements in our forum where these changes have been made public.
    And most of the features did not vanished, they were added like the RootAlyzer which was a standalone version before. And there is also the immunization which is still part of Spybot-S&D. A Live Protection will probably be available in later versions of Spybot-S&D.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

they may be changes between 1.6.2 and 2.0 but this are changes into the pro-features and other changes, which are not so interesting for ME.

i am asking specially for Live-Protection, Chrome-PlugIn and Firefox-/Opera-Integartion. if this will be available as update.?
    for Live-Protection u did anser now but what about Chrome-PlugIn and Firefox-/Opera-Integartion?
    Last edited by bbnetwork; 2012-11-02 at 15:03.

I did not only answer the Live Protection.

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post

It will be released without THEM....

Right after the 2.0 release, we'll hurry completing the browser integration part. Actually, we're working on it for a while now, but didn't put that into 2.0.

The reason for this is mostly that we want to use a local proxy server instead of one separate plugin per browser. There will still be plugins for the browsers, but the actual filtering will take place within the proxy.

This has the advantage of less code with nearly the same functionality having to be maintained (different browsers have quite different approaches to plugin coding), and the user can use the proxy with every browser or every other software if he wants to use it in a software not directly supported by us.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

hi there, PepiMK, thanx for your answer, that was answering, what i was asking for - if the plug-ins and extensions will be available as update (like live-protection) to a later time.

i guess i will wait with the final -install till then.