Thread: Won't clear trojan and adware/"You are not logged in as Admin"

Default Won't clear trojan and adware/"You are not logged in as Admin"

When running Spybot scan the program found Uniblue.driverscanner {PUPSC}; AND Win32.downloader.bltu {Trojans C-04}. It shows it gets rid of the Win 32.downloader and cannot remove the Uniblue.driverscanner. I get a message stating it cannot remove because I am not logged in as System Admin.
    I have no password set up, so I tried that and set myself up as Admin, rebooted and reran the scan. BOTH items showed up again and so did the message stating it cannot be removed because I am not logged in as system admin.
    My operating system is Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 2 / 4 G memory, 64 bit/ Quad core processor 1.80 GHz.
    P.S. I also ran a Malwarebytes scan, which showed nothing.
    I tried to Immunize them but it didn't work. Please advise. Thanks so much. Getting nervous.

Hello kosmic,
    Quote Originally Posted by kosmic View Post
    When running Spybot scan the program found Uniblue.driverscanner {PUPSC}; AND Win32.downloader.bltu {Trojans C-04}. It shows it gets rid of the Win 32.downloader and cannot remove the Uniblue.driverscanner. I get a message stating it cannot remove because I am not logged in as System Admin.
    I have no password set up, so I tried that and set myself up as Admin, rebooted and reran the scan. BOTH items showed up again and so did the message stating it cannot be removed because I am not logged in as system admin.
    Uniblue.driverscanner is flagged as PUPS, potentially unwanted program, not as malware.

"On Windows Vista and Windows 7, Spybot-S&D might tell you that you are not authorized to perform some actions, since they require Administrator rights. You can solve this problem as follows:

1. Right-click the Spybot - Search & Destroy entry in your start menu, instead of just left-clicking to start it.
    2. Choose Run as administrator from the context menu."

Run as Administrator

Hope that helps.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Thanks, I am trying that now. Will let you know how it goes.

YAY, it worked. Thank you so much. I couldn't find a link inside the program to log in as admin. Never realized there was a left click option on the icon. Much appreciated.

Thank you for letting us know.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016