Thread: Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter_Disabled

Default Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter_Disabled

Has this registry key been changed legally by Norton Antivirus or is this a true indication of a problem? I told Norton to disable Windows security features that may conflict with Norton's actions.

Thanks,
    Steve

(I tried searching this forum and FAQs, but didn't find any reference to this)

After the scan,if you click on Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter_disabled,then click the area to the right with the arrows on it,Spybot will give you this description:

Company:
    Product: Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter_disabled
    Threat: Security

Functionality
    if the Windows Security Center is disabled this entry will be shown

Description
    Malware can disable the Windows Security Center to make your System more vulnerable.

If you have other security software suit installed, this may also deactivate the Windows Security Center to avoid double warning messages.

Thank you for the response. I have tried this many times, but unfortunately the additional information area does not shown any information on any item. Any idea why not?

Thanks,
    Steve

No,I'm not sure why it doesn't show it.
    Make sure you highlight the item with your mouse,then click the arrows to slide the screen over.
    Also,do you have anything installed like Alienguise?I have that,and when I had it set to certain themes,I couldn't see the additional info,because it was black.