Thread: After Spybot 2.0 is officially released, will Spybot 1.62 still be supported?

Default After Spybot 2.0 is officially released, will Spybot 1.62 still be supported?

Hello,

Three questions:

1.) After Spybot 2.0 is officially released, will Spybot 1.62 continue to be supported?

2.) And if yes, for how long?

3.) And my last question concerns the update schedule that's planned for Spybot 2.0 . . .

I really like Spybot, and even though some people consider the program to be antiquated, I do not agree. I find the program to be very useful. I really like its tools and its protection features, but most importantly, in many cases where a computer is severely infected, Spybot is oftentimes able to find things that some of the more popular scanners/cleaners miss. My only real complaint, however, is that updates to Spybot's malware detection list only come out once a week.

For Spybot 2.0 to have a shot at competing with some of the other programs that are currently popular (such as Malwarebytes or SUPERAntiSpyware), then
    it's going to be very important for it to have more frequent updates. Once a week just isn't enough, so I'm wondering, are there plans to update Spybot 2.0 more frequently than the previous versions have been?

Hello,

1. Yes, Spybot-S&D 1.6.2 will still be supported.

2. We have not set any date about this. So it will still be supported for some time.

3. Currently the updates are once a week, but with our new updater we have the possibilty to make them more frequent. We are planning to improve that.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

That's all good to hear. Thank you.

will 162 alert me to get 2.0
    i mentioned i saw on facebook its out this week im not sure
    will it auto update or alert to go download it?
    **sweet melody**

Hello,

I have answered your question here.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

YUP saw IT
    **sweet melody**

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

1. Yes, Spybot-S&D 1.6.2 will still be supported.

2. We have not set any date about this. So it will still be supported for some time.

3. Currently the updates are once a week, but with our new updater we have the possibilty to make them more frequent. We are planning to improve that.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot
    that's good to know that Spybot 1.6.2 will continue to receive support, especially those few users who are using older versions of Windows like Win2k.

i have to remind spybot users that version 2.0 requires a minimum of XP SP2 to install & run and it'll not work under pre-XP versions of Windows as I don't see the Windows system requirements mentioned anywhere on the spybot web site for Spybot S&D 2.0.

Hello,

You'll find it here.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot