Thread: S&D errors removing Malware Windows 7 folders

Default S&D errors removing Malware Windows 7 folders

Running Spybot S&D 2.0.12.0. S&D errors when "fixing" Malware folders stored in Win 7 "Documents and Settings" or the "All Users" folders.

Have you tried scanning and cleaning in safe mode?

Thanks. Tried safe mode same result. I guess my question is where is Spybot seeing these files. I am NOT a Win7 expert but found that "c:\Documents and Settings" and "C:\Users\All Users" are junctions or virtual pointers to other locations so older or poor written programs can run. The SDCleaner file shows :
    2012-11-24 12:58:39 Product: Fraud.SpywareRemover2009
    [+] 2012-11-24 12:58:39 Moving into quarantine: C:\Users\All Users\Application Data\SpywareRemover2009\
    [+] 2012-11-24 12:58:39 Successfully cleaned: C:\Users\All Users\Application Data\SpywareRemover2009\
    [i] 2012-11-24 12:58:39 :
    [i] 2012-11-24 12:58:39 Product: Fraud.VirusRemovalProfessional
    [+] 2012-11-24 12:58:39 Moving into quarantine: c:\Documents and Settings\Bleeping\Application Data\LastSun Ltd\Virus Remover Profesional\
    [+] 2012-11-24 12:58:39 Successfully cleaned: c:\Documents and Settings\Bleeping\Application Data\LastSun Ltd\Virus Remover Profesional\

This implies success to me but the screen shows an error status when "fixing", which just does not leave a comfortable feeling.

Hello,

Did you open Spybot/the scanner with a right click and choose "run as administrator"?

What kind of error do you get?

From what your log says it has been moving into quarantine and successfully cleaned.

Did you make a fresh system start and make another scan?

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

I have attached a shot of the Cleaner windows. I am running S&D under my admin account as shown in the title bar. It is this error indicator that I am referring to. I have run S&D a couple times (even after reboot) with the same result. Just now and before I get a message something about not able to clean and trying 3 times.

Let me know I can provide more.

Hello,

Can you please post your Checks or SDCleaner.log ?
    It should be stored here:
    C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
    Thanks.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Tem Spybot

Here are both the checks and the cleaner Logs. The cleaner log also includes the first run of S&D.