Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spybot 2 causing explorer.exe crash

Hello,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. The bug has been reported to our development team. A fix will not be available in an update but in a next version upgrade. There is no release date yet, as we are still working on it.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

I was wondering if this actually happens to everyone or just some people because I have spybot 2 installed on my sister's computer and explorer crash isn't happening

I also have this problem so I had to un-install Spybot 2.... (Win7 32bit)
    Last edited by happy_per; 2012-12-21 at 17:44.

Hello,

You do not need to uninstall Spybot 2, you can simply disable the feature that is causing the issue.

Please run the Start Center, switch to advanced mode and start Settings.

Now open the tab "System Integration“. Here you can uninstall "Windows Explorer integration“. Click "Apply“ and "OK“ afterwards. Settings can also be launched via SDTray (the small Spybot 2 icon beside your systems clock in the taskbar).

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Default fix?

I haven't checked back here for awhile, has there been an update to fix the explorer crash problem?

Hello,

I have answered that in my first post:

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

A fix will not be available in an update but in a next version upgrade. There is no release date yet, as we are still working on it.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Hello,

It would help us very much if you could try this little tool which would give us more information about any compatibility issues.

The app will list all other installed context menu extensions (that we haven't whitelisted as compatible yet), and this might help tracking down the issue.

Thank you very much.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

please help us. providing some infos:

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

It would help us very much if you could try this little tool which would give us more information about any compatibility issues.

The app will list all other installed context menu extensions (that we haven't whitelisted as compatible yet), and this might help tracking down the issue.

Thank you very much.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

לשונות רעות שנפגעו שלוש פעמים: למי שמדבר, שדברו עליהם ומי שמקשיב.

שלום

Just wanted to throw this out there.

I tried the 32-bit version, copying it into the spybot directory, and using regsvr32 on the 32-bit dll that was posted here. (batch file does same thing)
    I put it in the spybot folder replacing it with the old 32-bit dll. Still issues.

However this made that problem go away (or at least for now), and I still was able to use the system integration:

I was able to get it working by renaming the old 64 bit (SDECon64.dll) to SDECon64.dll.bak. (Not necessary, but no sense losing it)
    Then I renamed the 32-bit one I downloaded from a prior post to (SDECon32.dll) to SDECon64.dll
    It may be vital to register it first, although I doubt it.

I did this all in the installation directory of Spybot in Program Files (x86)

Just to test it out so I don't throw a lame solution that is temporary:
    Updated,
    Killed spybot processes,
    stopping services related to spybot,
    and restarting pc just to make sure.

Still is working fine.

Hopefully this works with people having this issue.

Exclamation

OK I just found out I have this same problem. But I have found out the issue in my case. Maybe this could be the reason for everyone.

The SSD context menu integration is conflicting with the Nvidia desktop context integration (NvCplDesktopContext) whose path is c:\windows\system32\nvshext.dll

My version from Nvidia is the latest version and timestamped 12/05/2013 20:47. As soon as I disable this context entry then SSD context works fine, and then when re-enabled SSD crashes explorer.exe

So hopefully this helps you guys get a fix for this.

EDIT: Forgot to say that the only other context menu I have installed is WinRAR which I also disabled while testing.
    Last edited by iDoofus; 2013-06-18 at 22:43.