Thread: Question about Spybot AntiBeacon

Default Question about Spybot AntiBeacon

Hi from a newbie, apologies if this isn't the right place, please redirect me if necessary.

Version 1.5.0.35, old but still good (maybe). I have everything 'Fixed', ie anything I can keep to myself I do. Windows 10, SD Antibeacon trapped everything but since an obligatory Win 10 update last week Telemetry for Office 15 and Office 16 keep unblocking themselves. I don't use any version of Office. This is confirmed by Windows Privacy Tweaker 3.0.2. Fine, I can re-block them in SD AB and deselect in Tweaker but it only seems to stay like that for a few minutes.

Various questions, bearing in mind my paranoia about Microsoft and everyone else in the slurping business -

1. If I lash out on the latest SD AB will Telemetry stay blocked? Is there a Win 10 setting that will disable Office Telemetry permanently? TIA

I'm not redirecting you because this is the wrong place, it's just I'm unsure on the answer to your question.
    So unless you get another answer here from someone who knows it, you might like to fill out the Spybot contact form to ask it. There's an anti-beacon section on the form in the pull-down menu under Software & License.
    https://www.safer-networking.org/support/#contactform

Thank you, I will do that.

You're welcome. Good luck.