Hello everyone
I’m new to the forum and hope I’m posting this in the right section. I just wondered if someone can give me some advice please?

I ‘checked for problems’ this morning with spybot search and destroy. The results of the scan showed one problem. Underneath problem it said :- optimuminstaller and under kind it said:- 1 entries adwareC.

I clicked fix selected problems but got a pop up that said:- unexpected error fixing problems (cannot create file). I noticed I could click next to where it said ‘optimuminstaller’ to get more info and within the info that was brought up it said google toolbar. So I figured this was the cause of the problem – I seem to remember installing it with something else but don’t use it. Therefore I uninstalled and re-checked for problems. This time nothing came up.

I just wanted to check I’d done the right thing and that I shouldn’t have done anything different and if nothing came up on the repeat scan does that mean all is OK now even though I didn’t fix it through clicking ‘fix selected prroblems’.

Also does anyone know why google toolbar would come up as an adware (not that I’m really sure what adware is!)

Thanks for any help
LucyMay :-)