Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sbybot doesn't like Ebay, Paypal

Have you tried to acces Ebay with a browser other than Internet Explorer?

Quote Originally Posted by bbnetwork View Post
    Have you tried to acces Ebay with a browser other than Internet Explorer?
    why should I though I like IE10

Quote Originally Posted by shakennstirred View Post
    why should I though I like IE10
    because the extension, which is Spybot using to detect Spyware in Websites and which may cause this issue, only works into the IE. In other Browser Ebay and Co will probably work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by bbnetwork View Post
    because the extension, which is Spybot using to detect Spyware in Websites and which may cause this issue, only works into the IE. In other Browser Ebay and Co will probably work fine.
    I don't want to be argumentative, but I've run into this problem as well and "use another browser" isn't exactly fixing the issue, its ignoring it. I use IE, Firefox and Chrome and each one has set uses for me. and IE is my eBay browser. There has to be a way to put this problem down, especially since i'm seeing happen on amazon as well and its VERY annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by ronymaxwell View Post
    I installed Spybot for my sister on her computer. She uses eBay a lot and this gets her annoyed. I've tried the advice on here and nothing stops it. She has now uninstalled Spybot and I may do the same unless the developers do something to sort it. I shouldn't have to disable anything. The option to remember my decision to allow it should work.
    You dont need to uninstall Spybot completly.

As Workaround you can disable (uninstall) the Internet-Explorer-Extension from Spybot. (You can do this in Spybot->Settings->Systemintegration or into the IE)
    You also could use a different Browser, like Firefox or Goggle Chrome to access Ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by dimebagdrl View Post
    IE is my eBay browser. There has to be a way to put this problem down, especially since i'm seeing happen on amazon as well
    If you want to use the IE for this Websites, you can disable (uninstall) the Internet-Explorer-Extension from Spybot.
    Last edited by bbnetwork; 2013-03-01 at 11:21.

לשונות רעות שנפגעו שלוש פעמים: למי שמדבר, שדברו עליהם ומי שמקשיב.

שלום

Default No response addressing the actual problem

So, I have this issue too, and so far there has not been any response addressing the actual problem, which is that SpyBot is clearly NOT retaining the "remember this decision" inputs. When I go to an eBay or PayPal page, and I get the malicious URL or cookie warning, I have consistently selcted "Remember this decision?", ticked the "Forever" radio button, and select "Everything on this domain" from the dropdown list, and clicked "Allow." If SpyBot was working the way it should, that process SHOULD stop all future pop-up warnings from those sites, but it simply does not.

When you go to Tools/SpyBot - Search & Destroy Configuration, the Allowed & Denied list is either completely empty, despite having followed the proceedure above, or else all of the urls are marked as "session" despite the fact that I clearly selected "forever" for the durability/scope. Further, your only option with the existing items on the list is to remove them--you cannot edit them to change the scope to forever. However, removing them and trying to add them again (once again selecting "forever") still fails to fix the problem.

THIS then is the fundamental problem--the Allowed & Denied list in the IE integration is simply not working as it should. Suggesting that we use another browser or turn off the integration completely (thereby exposing yourself to other, actual problem sites) does not address this problem at all. The problem is clearly an error with retaining user choices on allowing or denying particular urls, and that is what needs to be fixed.

The. Problem is know. Until the next Version of Spybot get relased only the above Workaround does help.

לשונות רעות שנפגעו שלוש פעמים: למי שמדבר, שדברו עליהם ומי שמקשיב.

שלום