Thread: Please advise how to change my default browser?

Question Please advise how to change my default browser?

Sorry for the very basic question, I'm new to this forum & have spent a lot of time searching unsuccessfully for a solution.

My OS is Vista Home Premium, I have the latest, updated, free edition of Spybot on my home laptop. However, the Spybot browser settings auto-default to IE and Firefox. Can't find how to change my default browser to Chrome, which has been my browser for years?!
    My laptop is running very slow. I have to manually delete cookies daily. Frustrated!

Thanks in advance, would love some advice please.

In Chrome go to Settings (or go type chrome://chrome/settings/ in the address bar). At the bottom of the page click on the button <Make Google Chrome my default browser>.

Quote Originally Posted by drghughes View Post
    In Chrome go to Settings (or go type chrome://chrome/settings/ in the address bar). At the bottom of the page click on the button <Make Google Chrome my default browser>.
    I registered with the forums because my browser is already my default browser, but when I run Spybot, it only checks Internet Explorer and Firefox. If I have my settings already set as Chrome being the default, what else do I have to do to get Spybot to run scans on Chrome?

I don't use Chrome,so I can't really check for myself.This is the last post I can find about it,looks like Chrome support is on the to-do list:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...some-attention
    So,I don't believe Spybot scans Chrome at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

I am sorry, but Chrome is only being supported in scanning and fixing at the moment.
    It is a very new browser and chrome itself does not offer any interface for immunizing yet.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot
    As for making Chrome your Standart-Browser, you have different options.
    The one, i would prefer is this:

- Open Chrome -> Go to Settings (click the 3 lines-icon on top-right->Settings) -> there will you find an entry "Default-Browser" if you scroll a bit down.

לשונות רעות שנפגעו שלוש פעמים: למי שמדבר, שדברו עליהם ומי שמקשיב.

שלום