Thread: Auto Global Start Up

Default Auto Global Start Up

Great changes and new tools. Love Spybot, but the new auto startup service Start Center started with the system and before the Firewall without fully understanding the new feature.

During installation, I unchecked any auto start up services and features. On my system, very few services are allowed to start automatically. However, integrating IE seemed reasonable (though used only on demand and bare bones) until I discovered it was also an auto "global" system startup feature.

Maybe I'm not making myself clear enough, but without getting high tech, would Spybot consider offering the option (during installation) to have all features and services set to Manual or On Demand?

(cybersecuritytech)
    Last edited by techsecur; 2012-12-10 at 09:26.

Default Auto Start Up 2

Should I remove the question? No one has responded, so maybe it's a silly question and/or wrong forum. Love beta testing, but can't devote time to it (for the next few months).

Better understanding the feature I was referring to, 2.0 is fantastic for the novice (and pros) with the built in IE/explorer protection (start up), but just wondering if the 1.6.2 configuration/style has officially ended (no updates)? On my system, it has integrated well with other apps and personal configurations. Do I have to upgrade by a certain time to continue to receive the latest updates?
    Last edited by techsecur; 2012-12-13 at 21:21.

Hello techsecur,
    Quote Originally Posted by techsecur View Post
    but just wondering if the 1.6.2 configuration/style has officially ended (no updates)? On my system, it has integrated well with other apps and personal configurations. Do I have to upgrade by a certain time to continue to receive the latest updates?
    1.6.2 is still available and detections updated http://www.safer-networking.org/mirrors16/

Also, Detection updates for Spybot – Search & Destroy® 1.6.2 as a separate download.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Hello techsecur,

1.6.2 is still available and detections updated http://www.safer-networking.org/mirrors16/

Also, Detection updates for Spybot – Search & Destroy® 1.6.2 as a separate download.

Best regards.

Thanks so much for the info. I read it the same day, but I apologize for taking so long to reply. You're doing a great job and I applaud the team. Merry Christmas! If I have other suggestions, please let me know if this not the right forum to post them in. Thanks again.
    Last edited by techsecur; 2012-12-18 at 05:42.

Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016