Thread: Literally over a thousand startup entries in startup. help.

Angry Literally over a thousand startup entries in startup. help.

I have a couple of winxp machines at home, and all of them have thousands of "command /c del "C:\WINDOWS\SchedLgU.Txt" run:once in the system startup page. It's an absolute chore to remove all of them one by one, because I can only highlight each entry one at a time. Ideally, I would like this item to be ignored, but I've already placed this file on the ignore list, but everyday, at least one of these new run:once commands gets in there.

How do I go about removing these entries, or, just have it stop adding it altogether? I have a scheduler running, so this file, I assume, is required for when the scheduler starts upon boot, so I do not want to turn off the scheduler.

Thanks in advance

Hello,

Those entries (with random numbers) get generated each time Spybot cannot remove a file while the system is running (so it gets queued through those entries to be deleted on next system restart).

They're "RunOnce" entries though, automatically removed once executed once - unless you tell TeaTimer to reject their removal.
    If you have scanned and fixed items with Spybot you have to allow the registry change that the Resident TeaTimer is asking for.
    Only then the items will be deleted completely.

Please have also a look at this link.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot