Thread: Multiple iExplore.exe Processes and Redirects

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Unhappy Multiple iExplore.exe Processes and Redirects

Hey guys,

This has been driving me crazy, I've scoured and scoured, and every time I feel like I've resolved the issue it comes right back.

It originally started with Internet Explorer constantly asking me to allow the installation of an add-on (which I didn't). Every time I'd click cancel it'd come back shortly after.

What this has evolved into is that at any given time, there will be 3-11 iexplore.exe processes running and they keep spawning themselves. I don't even use internet explorer, always been firefox.

What makes me certain that there's something malicious on my computer, is my web searches. +85%
    of my searches are redirected. Not specifically the search feature of course, but when I attempt to open the link, I wind up on at a different URL.

Here are the list of programs I've been through;

Malware Byes
    SpyBot S&D
    Glary Utilities
    Hitman Pro
    Hijack This

I've removed any add-ons, deleted any BHO's I can find, and scanned a million times.

PLEASE HELP!

My computer is;

Dell Vostro 1400
    Windows Vista 32 bit
    Intel Core 2 Duo @1.4GHz each
    With 2gb RAM

Note* some of my searching has come across the possibility that this is a feature that is supposed to be removable of IE8, but is only supposed to occur when using multiple tabs. But like I said, I don't use IE at all, and currently IE9 is installed.
    Last edited by tashi; 2012-12-11 at 20:05. Reason: Moved from Requests for additions to Spybot's detections