Thread: Spybot 2.0 - Feedback

Default Spybot 2.0 - Feedback

I've been a long time user of Spybot - Search & Destroy, I find it to be a very useful tool. Recently, I decided to 'upgrade' to Spybot 2.0 mainly to enable Pale Moon Immunisation.

I can see some noticeable improvements in 2.0.6 compared to 1.6.2 (e.g: an increased amount of information displayed in Search Results) however I can't help but feel the interface overall is a major downgrade.

• Separating each service into a separate window seems unnecessarily clunky. In previous versions, Spybot used a Left-Alligned Tab Menu to switch between Search, Recovery & Immunise (aka; Scan, Quarantine & Immunise) which offers a quicker and smoother transition between tasks.
    • I'd prefer if the Settings Menu used a left-alligned tab menu similar to 1.6.2 rather than the tabs on top Menu it uses in 2.0 - I think it makes navigating the menu a little quicker and easier.
    • I think having the Settings open in a new window is an excellent design decision and a great improvement, but as mentioned earlier making every tool require a separate window seems unnecessarily cumbersome.
    • I like that the 'Start Center' brings some of the lesser known advanced features to a central hub page, but I can't help but wonder if this couldn't have been achieved with an updated version of the old layout? 1.6.2's Home Screen had buttons for Search, Update & Immunise.
    • On both the Scan Results & Immunisation Status Pages - You're unable to customise and/or re-arrange the details columns; This would be an incredibly useful addition.

Underneath all of this, I can still see that Spybot 2.0 still offers all of the useful features it has done in the past, with some new additions; but It's presented in a way that feels unwieldy. Perhaps in time I'll adjust to this new presentation, if not I might need to roll-back to 1.6.2 hopefully it will remain supported for quite some time.

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot