Thread: Windows 7 64Bit - Root Kit Scan???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Angry Windows 7 64Bit - Root Kit Scan???

I have Windows 7 64bit installed.

There seems to be a problem running the Root Kit Scan.

Two Days straight scanning; with a details message: "Invisible to win32".

C:\users\"personal name"\Local Settings\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\ etc.,. so on and so on it goes!

Details: "Invisible to win32"

What's the deal?

Also, why is Spybot Search & Destroy not doing anything with Google Chrome?

Exclamation

That error can be caused from running a 32 bit program, in a 64 bit environment

Lightbulb Pushing Forward!

Just a quick update!

I went in, and deleted the numerous "Application Data" folders, which were also in "Default\Application Data", etc.,.

I also made some of the "Hidden Folders" visible.

The original Root kit scan took over 3 days (primarily because of this, and it seems to have also dealt with "Google Chrome"

Anyway, after deleting the stuff, I had just a few things in the next Root kit scan (which was pretty quick). In the Quick Scan, though; I am getting an error. 1MBR checked. Unknown MBRs: PhysicalDrive0

Unknown MBRs: PhysicalDrive0 ???

What's the best thing to fix this?

Question Root Kit Quick Scan: Unknown MBR PhysicalDrive0 ?

Hello,

In the Quick Scan, I am getting an error. 1MBR checked. Unknown MBRs: PhysicalDrive0

Unknown MBRs: PhysicalDrive0 ???

What's the best thing to fix this?

Default great..just great

I get the same thing, also running win 7 64 bit. In my case its a laptop (toshiba)

No one seems to know what this means and yours is the only post about it on the safer networking forums (in English anyway).

I suppose most people are so turned off by the horrible captcha that they give up and just take their computer to the idiots at best buy and get the drive wiped. Unfortunately the MBR rootkit survives the re-install and persists

I had the same problem with another laptop that I was able to repair with a windows install disk, you have to repair the MBR while booted from another disk.
    Good luck

Default I have a Toshiba Too!

I have a Toshiba also! Satellite A665 Laptop.

I had Fix-It Utilities working Great, but something seems like it outsmarted (or wrote to the disk) to block it from booting my Computer (to work with the Partitions, etc.,.)

I saw your post about re-imaging. Is there any Software that can completely clean a drive (beyond average format/partition's). ?

It seems that I have to start fresh. But now I'm not even sure if my Install Windows 7 Software (that came with the Computer) is clean anymore. Something get's to the Master Boot Record (MBR), and I can't even do a "Chkdsk/f or /r" on it. It looks like it will do it from the Command prompt, but never does on reboot.

Thanks for your earlier Post!