Thread: yieldmanager

Default yieldmanager

I am at wits end. Somehow I got yieldmanager from a site and cannot get rid of it. No matter what I do it still shows up. I've deleted all the cookies, checked only accept cookies I want, and even removed Opera and reinstalled it. It is still there.

It seems to come as ad.yieldmanager.com, ad.yieldmanager.edgesuite.net/atom, content.yieldmanager.com, content.yieldmanager.net and other names as well. I've looked in manage cookies and it will come up without showing any cookies but those for the site.

I have had a computer guy try to get rid of it, also ran CCleaner, SpyBot, Microsoft Security Essentials, etc. They don't even find it as a problem.

Can you get SpyBot to get rid of this?
    Last edited by tashi; 2013-01-04 at 19:59. Reason: Moved from the Tavern

Hello drvonnd,

Which version of Spybot-S&D do you have and when were the detections last updated?

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

In response to the "yieldmanager problem".....I am using spybot s/d 1.6.2 and have dealt with this vicious popup advertisement for weeks. As the prior member said, it is not detected my any malware or virus program. (Microsoft says is is "Not" malware...just an ad). Well, if you can't shut it off or get rid of it, then it is Malware.
    The Microsoft answer geniuses (no offense) couldn't get rid of it for me, either by going thru the control panel/internet option settings and/or various other remedies.
    I finally shook it by going back "months" in system restore for windows 7.
    I am told that yieldmanager was developed/owned by Yahoo which also owns Right Media...another invasive piece of crap. (THANKS YAHOO).
    I love Spybot and if you guys can solve this.....believe me, many will adore you guys.
    cros99
    Last edited by cros99; 2013-02-14 at 02:04.

Default Remove "Laura's Technology Blog"

Hi,

I have used Spybot for many years but have only just joned the List and am hoping someone can tell me how to remove the following that keeps popping up on my PC.

http://techblog2uonly.blogspot.com.au/ - Laura's Technology Blog - Windows Internet Explorer

It is opening in an IE minimised window (which cannot be enlarged) and it seems to show various adverts. I can close it by clicking on the "X" but it returns.

Is there anyone who can give me any help in removing this?

Spybot does not fix it and neither does CCleaner.

Tks Ian B.
    Last edited by tashi; 2013-03-17 at 01:50. Reason: Disabled link