Thread: System Service Question

Default System Service Question

What is the purpose of scanner service? is it actively scanning all files that are accessed? If I already had a anti-virus like avast do I still need to have scanner service running where it scanned internet connection and file as they are accessed? The other question I have is about the updating service. Since I get the free version, I do not have the capability of scheduling auto update. Do I still need this service to run at startup? I have tried to stop the service and uncheck "Active after reboot" but everytime I reboot my computer it always started by itself? Thanks for the help. is Internet explorer integration same as SD helper in spybot 1.62?

Default how to stop the scanner service

How do I stop the scanner service? I have gone to setting and stop the service and also uncheck the "Active after reboot" option. It is stopped after reboot but as soon as I open a file, it would start by itself. Is there a way to stop it because I have anti-virus and it seems like the scanner service is doing the same thing as anti-virus. Thanks for the help.