Thread: Curious situation - is it a problem?

Default Curious situation - is it a problem?

Two machines, both running S&D 1.4, both updated today. On each machine, if I ask it to update again, it reports no more recent updates available. The contents of the S&D\Updates folder appear to be identical on both machines.

However, on Machine A (running Win 2K SP4) the "Info & License" screen correctly shows 2005-11-25 for the "Latest detection update" while Machine B (running WinXP SP2) it shows 2005-09-23.

The program appears to be running properly on both machines, and when it checks for problems they both say they're checking XX/31725 items.

Is this just a harmless anomaly, or is there some action I should be taking?

Thanks.

Steve
    Raleigh, NC, USA

Default May be related

I have had a strange problem with Spybot today. Memory usage went through the roof, windows XP increased page file to 1.6 gb and it was utilising almost all of it. Killed off spybot and memory returned to normal. Rebooted and ran update again and all appears to be ok.

Have you checked your memory usage yet?

Regards

Jules

I haven't noticed any unusual or problemmatic behavior with memory utilization.