Thread: Fixing Scan Issues Hangs

Default Fixing Scan Issues Hangs

I have a couple of questions regarding use of Spybot v2 Scanner:
    1. Is there a way to auto-fix identified issues when using a scheduled scan?
    2. When applying 'Fix Selected', should I be getting some sort of indication that issues have been resolved?

Regarding 'Fix Selected', the scanner task appears to be busy, then the system reports it as 'not responding'. I then need to use Task Manager to stop/delete the task. Curiously, when I immediately rerun the scanner, all previous issues seem to have been resolved, indicating 'Fix Selected' actually worked.

My system environment is Win 7 Ultimate, SP1 and Spbot v2.0.12.0. I manually set Scan to run under Administrator privileges via Properties.

I don't see anything listed for auto-fix for the scheduled scan.Under Advanced User Mode->Settings->Schedule,there is only the choice of "Closes when no malware was found",which is probably pre-checked by default,or Silent(do not show progress to user.)Under Command Line Help,I don't see anything listed for auto-fix,either.
    You can look at them this way if you like.
    http://www.safer-networking.org/faq/...t-can-be-used/
    On my computer,it is:
    cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2
    Then type in SDScan.exe /help,and command line help will come up.

Yes,when you apply "Fix Selected",green checkmarks should show up beside anything that was fixed.

Regarding 'Fix Selected', the scanner task appears to be busy, then the system reports it as 'not responding'. I then need to use Task Manager to stop/delete the task. Curiously, when I immediately rerun the scanner, all previous issues seem to have been resolved, indicating 'Fix Selected' actually worked.
    I've had the 'not responding' happen once or twice after running a manual scan.I usually leave it for a couple of minutes before I end task in task manager,sometimes it starts responding if I wait.

I don't see anything listed for auto-fix for the scheduled scan.
    I couldn't find anything either, whether through settings or documentation (either provided or available on-line). Perhaps I should post a suggestion to the wish list. Having some sort of auto-action to resolve issues detected via scheduled scans makes sense to me, else why automate scans?

Yes,when you apply "Fix Selected",green checkmarks should show up beside anything that was fixed. I've had the 'not responding' happen once or twice after running a manual scan. I usually leave it for a couple of minutes before I end task in task manager,sometimes it starts responding if I wait.
    Well, haven't seen any green checkmarks, so that's not working on my system. Somewhat releived to hear you've experienced 'not responding' occasionally, too; perhaps the 'Fix Selected' function just runs very slow and needs some rework? It's definitely flakey, if not faulty!

Thanks for your thoughtful comments.

cps
    Last edited by cps; 2013-02-05 at 21:14.

You're welcome.
    There used to be a /autofix command line parameter for 1.6.2,I'm unsure of the reasons why it's not available for Spybot 2.0.
    http://www.safer-networking.org/faq/...ith-spybot-sd/
    I didn't know there was a wishlist here,after you mentioned it I went looking and still haven't found it.(it's probably right in front of me somewhere,he.)

There's also another thread here about Fix Selected hanging:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=67744
    If some of the things found after your scheduled scan are third party cookies,you could try blocking them in your browser,if you would like to,and that might help some with the not responding problem.

I didn't know there was a wishlist here,after you mentioned it I went looking and still haven't found it.(it's probably right in front of me somewhere,he.).
    Unless I've misunderstood, feature wish list(s) are invited in the Beta Forum:
    http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=12

There's also another thread here about Fix Selected hanging:
    I did see that thread but chose to start a new thread since the cookie issue doesn't apply in my case.

Thanks, again.

I did see that thread but chose to start a new thread since the cookie issue doesn't apply in my case.
    And rightly so.I thought I'd mention it,just in case.