Thread: microsoft essentials conflict

Default microsoft essentials conflict

I have been having some problems with downloading and then running programs; I wonder if I have a conflict with microsoft essentials security program. Can Spybot work with these microsoft programs?
    Last edited by tashi; 2013-02-18 at 07:27. Reason: Removed email address

Hello dieterschmied,
    Quote Originally Posted by dieterschmied View Post
    I have been having some problems with downloading and then running programs; I wonder if I have a conflict with microsoft essentials security program. Can Spybot work with these microsoft programs?
    It would be unusual for either software to prevent your downloading and installing programs. Did you receive any error messages?

It might be helpful to know when the problem started and when the two softwares were installed in relation to that.

Also, what is the operating system and which version of Spybot do you have.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default I turned off the MSE virus and the online help hoping that this will help my New SBAv

Quote Originally Posted by dieterschmied View Post
    I turned off the MSE virus and the online help hoping that this will help my New SB-Av to work better. Either a malware or "virus" intermittently effects my sound system. I do a lot of posting of alternative [legit] news and information on Facebook and Twitter. This sound hack (on and off) is very problematic. My Norton (rather intrusive but it worked and it was a gift) that a friend gave me expired about a month ago. My problems started then. Any ideas?

Also should I uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials?
    Bud

Hello Beadbud5000,

Quote Originally Posted by Beadbud5000 View Post
    I turned off the MSE virus and the online help hoping that this will help my New SB-Av to work better. Either a malware or "virus" intermittently effects my sound system.
    Only one anti virus program should be an active resident.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadbud5000 View Post
    This sound hack (on and off) is very problematic. My Norton (rather intrusive but it worked and it was a gift) that a friend gave me expired about a month ago. My problems started then. Any ideas?
    Is Norton still installed?

What is the operating system please.

Best regards.

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Hello Beadbud5000,

Only one anti virus program should be an active resident.

Is Norton still installed?

What is the operating system please.

Best regards.
    Win7 and yes and norton is still installed. It will not allow me to uninstall it. Also, the microsoft is still there though I deactivated update on the virus. I am close to running a disc reformat.
    Bud

Hello Beadbud5000,

It might be best for someone to take a look at the system and help to sort this out. If you choose that option please see the Malware Removal Forum sticky which includes guidelines and instructions in post #2 on how to provide the logs from Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and aswMBR, which are the logs used in the preliminary analysis.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Then start a new topic in that forum providing the logs so a volunteer analyst can guide you, also provide a link back to this thread please.

You've been there before so you know our nice volunteers are very helpful.

Best regards.

Default Thanlk you Tashi

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Hello Beadbud5000,

It might be best for someone to take a look at the system and help to sort this out. If you choose that option please see the Malware Removal Forum sticky which includes guidelines and instructions in post #2 on how to provide the logs from Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and aswMBR, which are the logs used in the preliminary analysis.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Then start a new topic in that forum providing the logs so a volunteer analyst can guide you, also provide a link back to this thread please.

You've been there before so you know our nice volunteers are very helpful.

Best regards.
    Actually you guys/gals are excellent. I also found that Windows Firewall was helpful too when tinkered with just as an FYI.

Right now, everything has worked well by changing or disabling monitoring options in WSE without deleting it. SB Professional is working like a charm! I did lose my malwarebytes though but now the conflicts seem to be remedied.
    Bud