Thread: spybot finds things microsoft security essentials cant find

Default spybot finds things microsoft security essentials cant find

I ran microsoft security essentials and it said all is fine. no issues.

then I installed and ran spybot and it found 250 instances of spyware on my PC.

I found this to be interesting. does this mean the microsoft security essentials does not work and can't be trusted?

thoughts?

Ive used sbS&D for years and it's my favorite app still for dealing with spyware.

Hello,

It is not possible for any anti-spyware-tool to detect every threat because the spyware sector is growing and developing too fast.
    So it might happen that one anti-spyware-tool detects something that the other one misses.
    Therefore it is recommendable to run more than one security software.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

makes perfect sense. thanks for your help.

does spybot play well with MSE?

When installing MSE, it warns me to delete all other spyware/virus programs.. if spybot works well with this, I may use both.

hello,

There should not be any compatibility problems.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Quote Originally Posted by macgig View Post
    makes perfect sense. thanks for your help.

does spybot play well with MSE?

When installing MSE, it warns me to delete all other spyware/virus programs.. if spybot works well with this, I may use both.
    As Sandra sayed, with Spybot it should not give any problems with other Security Software.
    For all other Security Software it also depends on your Operating System. Windows 8 turns the Microsoft Security off if it detect an other Security Software, but else there can be problems if you run more as one Anti-Virus, if both of them have a realtime-protection.
    But Spybot you can use with any other Security Software.

Default Will you new Antivirus software conflict with Microsoft Securities Essential?

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

It is not possible for any anti-spyware-tool to detect every threat because the spyware sector is growing and developing too fast.
    So it might happen that one anti-spyware-tool detects something that the other one misses.
    Therefore it is recommendable to run more than one security software.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot
    Please tell me if the new version with Anti virus capabilities will conflict with Microsoft Security Essentials. Thank you

Hello Lmatilda,

Quote Originally Posted by Lmatilda View Post
    Please tell me if the new version with Anti virus capabilities will conflict with Microsoft Security Essentials. Thank you
    Rule of thumb is only one anti virus program resident to avoid conflicts, loss of program efficiency and system lock up due to both software products attempting to access the same file at the same time.

Having more than one anti virus can cause performance problems and a serious system slowdown.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Hello Lmatilda,

Rule of thumb is only one anti virus program resident to avoid conflicts, loss of program efficiency and system lock up due to both software products attempting to access the same file at the same time.

Having more than one anti virus can cause performance problems and a serious system slowdown.

Best regards.
    This makes sense....BUT, If one uses the Professional Version of Spybot S&D, will it install and run without issues with MSSE running....if the full-time scanning feature of Spybot S&D is turned off? And; Is this possible?
    I'd like to buy Spybot S&D; as a long-time user of the free edition, I'm interested in the other features of the 'Professional Home Version'. But am quite comfortable with the simple Microsoft Security product I currently use.

Appreciate the advice....
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by ccrider2; 2014-11-02 at 15:21.