Thread: false positive on you sb 2.0

Default false positive on you sb 2.0

i just tried installing the newer 2.0 spybot and norton stop the installing saying this was possible virus SUSPICIOUS.AD. i`m running a older spybot 1.6.2.46. was trying to install the newer spybot
    i got it at your site the newer one. is norton over doing it on that program spybot 2.0
    thank you

Spybot dont include any Virus or Maleware. If you download it from the official sources it is absolutly safe and its a false-positiv of Norton. Turn of Norton for the Installation of Spybot, if you downloaded it from official source.
    Last edited by tashi; 2013-02-26 at 17:46. Reason: Moved from Spybot--false postives

Hello shortfinger,

Norton likely has a false positive which you could report at their forum: http://community.norton.com/t5/Norto...Forum/ct-p/nis

Of interest: http://betanews.com/2009/04/07/spybo...e-its-removal/

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default okay

just letting you all know what norton did. i have a older norton so telling them will not do anything. there newer one conflicted with everything so i went back using a older norton. i may install spybot 2 but after reading a few things i just may stay with the older one for a while longer
    thank you for the info

Quote Originally Posted by shortfinger View Post
    just letting you all know what norton did. i have a older norton so telling them will not do anything. there newer one conflicted with everything so i went back using a older norton. i may install spybot 2 but after reading a few things i just may stay with the older one for a while longer
    thank you for the info

You are welcome. But also the newer Version of Norton should not conflict with Spybot, so maybe you really should report this issue to Norton, as Tashi suggested.
    Norton is a payed product and so i think it's your right, if you pay them, to awayt they will consider and try to solve such compatipility-problems into their program. Only my personal view.