Thread: Vistaprint - AGAIN

Default Vistaprint - AGAIN

Okay, can someone PLEASE explain to me why Vistaprint.com is blocked?

I looked through older threads, I found information that vistaprint may have been associated with advertising companies that spammed, but I fail to see how that really means that vistaprint needs to be blocked.

Now, I also saw that vistaprint.com was to be removed from immunization sometime in 2010. I'm sure it was because I hadn't had a problem with it, and now more recently I went to visit and couldn't. At first I shrugged it off, and then I went looking, and found that Spybot was the cause.

I have no way of stopping vistaprint from blocking the site, and I have no way to consistently allow it outside of repeatedly removing the entry from my hosts file.

So, why is this site blocked exactly? I work in IT Support, I encourage people to use this program, and I'm starting to question if I should because this program is doing much more than simply stopping harmful items from reaching the computer and stopping things that may not be recommended. Perhaps it should be renamed to Spymom instead of Spybot because it's not just stopping problem programs.

Hello,

which Version of Spybot are you using?

Actually i cannot tell you exactly if and why Vistaprint is blocked (maybe someone of the team please can) but if it is blocked, i would guess, it is because the website use tracking or other scam.

If Spybot 2 is in use, it could be blocked by immunisation only.

Do you get an error message from your Browser if you try to access the Vistaprint-Website? What does this messahe tell you?
    Also please let me knew, which Browser you use.

UPDATE: see yodamas answer.
    Last edited by bbnetwork; 2013-03-06 at 08:33. Reason: thx to yodama for the fast help

לשונות רעות שנפגעו שלוש פעמים: למי שמדבר, שדברו עליהם ומי שמקשיב.

שלום

in short: vistaprint.com is not being blocked by Spybot S&D since a very long time.

Either you have not updated for a long time or other software is blocking it.
    born in the shadow to die in the shadow, that is the fate of the shinobi

Spybot S&D Downloads

Please help us improve Spybot and download our distributed testing client.

I use firefox, I visited the site about 6 months ago, I've had no problems with it, ran the immunization again and suddenly it was blocked. I've already gone and deleted the entry from the hosts file, so I can access it, but I just find it stupid that it's blocked again.

Checking again now with an immunization to see if it'll reblock it and I'll let you know. Not using spybot 2.

Well, not blocking it again, not sure why this popped up in the middle, but it went from not blocked - to blocked (firefox images + windows host file), and now it's not blocking again.
    Last edited by Zudane; 2013-03-15 at 00:35. Reason: Updated information

Quote Originally Posted by Zudane View Post
    I use firefox, I visited the site about 6 months ago, I've had no problems with it, ran the immunization again and suddenly it was blocked. I've already gone and deleted the entry from the hosts file, so I can access it, but I just find it stupid that it's blocked again.

Checking again now with an immunization to see if it'll reblock it and I'll let you know. Not using spybot 2.

Well, not blocking it again, not sure why this popped up in the middle, but it went from not blocked - to blocked (firefox images + windows host file), and now it's not blocking again.
    Maybe you had not update the definations for some time before.

לשונות רעות שנפגעו שלוש פעמים: למי שמדבר, שדברו עליהם ומי שמקשיב.

שלום