Thread: Kaspersky rootkit????

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Kaspersky rootkit????

Hello,
    New to the forum. I have some kind of infection on my XP Pro SP3 system whereby I am told by scans by Kaspersky and SuperAntiSpyware that my home page has been changed. Kaspersky Vulnerability Scan set it back to "Blank" and SuperAntiSpyware tells me it was changed and asks if I want to set it back to it's original state which I answer yes. My Security Center buttons become greyed out and I have to make registry changes to re-enable them to set auto update and at what time to perform it. Running a manual Windows Update will take a LONG time to run/complete. System performance also slowly degrades. I have thrown many things at this with no changes. After a reboot, system runs better but the greyed out buttons return. I ran the "RootAlyzer" and below is the log.

// info: Rootkit removal help file
    // copyright: (c) 2008-2009 Safer-Networking Ltd. All rights reserved.

:: RootAlyzer Results
    File:"Unknown ADS","C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\AVP13\Report:kavextended:$DATA"

I suspect that the above results are due to having Kaspersky loaded and running (paid version). If this is the case, can you suggest to me what I should do next to find and remove this infection? Thanks in advance for all your help!!!

Ray
    PS Attached please find a screenshot of the completed Kaspersky Vulnerability Scan.
    Last edited by rdomingu; 2013-03-12 at 19:58. Reason: addition of details