Thread: I hope this Strongvault Online Backup thread is in the right forum

Cool I hope this Strongvault Online Backup thread is in the right forum

Is anyone familiar w/ Stongvault Online Backup? It somehow wormed it's way into my system, and I can't uninstall!! I've tried everything! I Googled it, (S O B)... very appropriate initials by the way, and there are numerous posts discussing it, w/some offering uninstall advice. None of the uninstall methods that I found on Google worked. Any advice (particularly, any advice from the baddest, most expert techno dudes/dudettes(?) on the web would be very much appreciated.

Hello erdan8,
    Quote Originally Posted by erdan8 View Post
    Is anyone familiar w/ Stongvault Online Backup?
    As you know from search engines there are topics with strong opinions about the product.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...4-470c8d36f8fc

What is your operating system and please list security software installed.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default Windows Vista

I run Windows Vista Basic..for security programs I'm using Spybot and Microsoft Security Essentials. I believe my computer's performance is getting worse w/each passing hour. I hope it's my imagination.

Regardless, I can't remove SOB. My CPU usage is hovering at or around100%, w/only a couple of applications running. Help!

Hello erdan8,

For someone to take a look at the system please start a topic in the Malware Removal Forum and a volunteer analyst will advise when available.

First see that forum's FAQ which also includes instructions in post #2 on how to provide DDS and aswMBR logs, which are the logs used in the preliminary analysis.
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

If you can't produce the logs please start a new topic anyway, make note of the situation and wait for a response.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default Please be on the lookout for my Strongvault post in Malware Removal Forum

I just read post 2 in Malware Removal..I understood about 90% of it. "Attach.txt' should be zipped" in DDS log has me a little bit confused, but I'll definitle copy and paste text DDS.text. into my post. I'll do my best to provide the requested info, and I will be posting in Malware Removal because Stronvault is still messin w/my system.

Again, thank you so much for efforts in this eternal battle between the forces of good and evil.

I just tried downloading ERUNT, and I can't even open the download window. I'm assuming Strongvault has something to do w/it.