Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: System Scan won't scan.

@Ptath too:

Did you try, if the protected Repair.Enviroment of Spybot is working?

You also could start Windows in Safe-Mode and try a Scan with Spybot there.
    Does the Scan freeze in Safe-Mode too?

Do you use any AntiVirus-Software?

לשונות רעות שנפגעו שלוש פעמים: למי שמדבר, שדברו עליהם ומי שמקשיב.

שלום

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Could you attempt to start a System Scan again,and then start Task Manager,select the Processes tab,scroll down and see if sdscan.exe is listed there?
    I checked that out and have attached a screen print to show it is not running.

Paul
    In the beginning was the Shining One, Ptath, god of land, sea and space, on whom be all praise heaped, and countless prayers offered that he may return to his chosen race.

Okay,thanks.
    I see from your task manager,it looks like you have Windows 8,is that correct?
    I was able to do this with no apparent problems,so maybe you can try it.
    First,could you follow this post to Show Extensions for Known File Types:
    http://www.groovypost.com/howto/wind...le-extensions/

Then,could you go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2(or C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2,whichever applies.)Locate SDScan.exe,rightclick and select Copy,then paste it within the Spybot folder.You might have to say yes to UAC when pasting it into the Spybot folder.
    That should give you SDScan - Copy.exe.
    Rightclick SDScan - Copy.exe,select Rename,and remove the whole Sdscan.exe,including the .exe extension.
    Please rename it to screen.scr
    If prompted with "If you change a file name extension, the file may become unusable...",please select yes.

Doubleclick screen.scr,are you able to Start a Scan,or is it still italicized?

Quote Originally Posted by bbnetwork View Post
    @Ptath too:

Do you use any AntiVirus-Software?
    I use Webroot SecureAnywhere.
    In the beginning was the Shining One, Ptath, god of land, sea and space, on whom be all praise heaped, and countless prayers offered that he may return to his chosen race.

Angry

Okay,thanks.
    I see from your task manager,it looks like you have Windows 8,is that correct?
    I was able to do this with no apparent problems,so maybe you can try it.
    First,could you follow this post to Show Extensions for Known File Types:
    http://www.groovypost.com/howto/wind...le-extensions/

Then,could you go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2(or C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2,whichever applies.)Locate SDScan.exe,rightclick and select Copy,then paste it within the Spybot folder.You might have to say yes to UAC when pasting it into the Spybot folder.
    That should give you SDScan - Copy.exe.
    Rightclick SDScan - Copy.exe,select Rename,and remove the whole Sdscan.exe,including the .exe extension.
    Please rename it to screen.scr
    If prompted with "If you change a file name extension, the file may become unusable...",please select yes.

Doubleclick screen.scr,are you able to Start a Scan,or is it still italicized?
    Still cannot start a scan after following these instructions.

The menu items are all still italicized.

You should still be able to run a System Scan without running as Administrator,but just to see what happens,could you open Spybot-S&D Start Center,then rightclick System Scan,and select Run As Administrator.Does the scan start,or does it still show the System Scan window with Start a scan italicized?

You should still be able to run a System Scan without running as Administrator,but just to see what happens,could you open Spybot-S&D Start Center,then rightclick System Scan,and select Run As Administrator.Does the scan start,or does it still show the System Scan window with Start a scan italicized?
    Did not run ... everything still italicized.

Quote Originally Posted by bbnetwork View Post

Asking this again since you did not reply to it.

לשונות רעות שנפגעו שלוש פעמים: למי שמדבר, שדברו עליהם ומי שמקשיב.

שלום

I'm seeing that the F8 method for safe mode no longer works in Windows 8.Maybe you've been in safe mode on your computer before,but I thought I'd put on these instructions,just in case you haven't.
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...-in-safe-mode/

Did the System Scan run okay before,and it just suddenly started not working?

Cool

I'm seeing that the F8 method for safe mode no longer works in Windows 8.Maybe you've been in safe mode on your computer before,but I thought I'd put on these instructions,just in case you haven't.
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...-in-safe-mode/

Did the System Scan run okay before,and it just suddenly started not working?
    For Zenobia and bbnetwork:

I appreciate the responses.

Booting in Safe Mode did not help. All five scan option menu items are still italicized.

In Spybot Advanced Mode, I tried "Repair Environment" but its functionality is only available to licensed users. I'm just a basic user. I also tried "System Repair" and followed instructions and fixed what that module found, but scan still doing the same thing.

I think this started sometime in the past month. It was working fine previously but, due to an unforeseen hospital stay I had not performed a manual scan and the machine was turned off for most of that month. It was upon my return from the hospital that I encountered the current problem when I tried to do a manual scan.