Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: System Scan won't scan.

Post Spybot Processes

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    It's very doubtful this will work,though,since you've tried starting Spybot while you were in safemode,etc.,and Webroot SecureAnywhere wouldn't be running then,so please don't get your hopes up.

I did find where a couple of times some programs weren't running when people had Webroot Secureanywhere installed,though.
    The instructions varied.Try these ones,and see if it makes sense:
    Open Webroot SecureAnywhere.
    Click on System Tools on the left-hand side of the software,and then click on "System Control".
    Press the "Start" button under "Control Active Processes".
    Look for Spybot,SDScan.exe,or anything that seems Spybot related,and check to see if it is being monitored or blocked.
    Zenobia:

These are the following processes found:

SDUpdate.exe
    SDTray.exe
    SDWSCSvc.exe
    SDFSSvc.exe
    SDUpdSvc.exe

They are all being allowed.
    Last edited by Ptath; 2013-05-01 at 20:34.
    In the beginning was the Shining One, Ptath, god of land, sea and space, on whom be all praise heaped, and countless prayers offered that he may return to his chosen race.

Zenobia:

These are the following processes found:

SDUpdate.exe
    SDTray.exe
    SDWSCSvc.exe
    SDFSSvc.exe
    SDUpdSvc.exe

They are all being allowed.
    Okay,there shouldn't be any problems there,since they're all Allowed,and any of those being blocked or monitored shouldn't interfere,anyways.

You don't see SDScan.exe in Control Active Processes in Webroot Secureanywhere unless SDScan.exe is running.
    But,the program seems to Allow SDScan.exe(on my computer,anyways),and manually blocking it puts it into Webroot Secureanywhere's Quarantine,which causes Spybot to prompt you to run an Update because part of itself is missing,plus you get a warning from Webroot Secureanywhere that a blocked process is trying to run,so I assume that's not the problem.
    Getting Webroot Secureanywhere to monitor sdscan.exe doesn't seem to stop the Spybot scan from running,either,so I assume that's not the problem either.

If you want to doublecheck your's,you could doubleclick Webroot SecureAnywhere,click PC Security,then Quarantine over to the left,then View Quarantine,and look through and see if SDSCan.exe is listed there anywhere.
    And then Detection Configuration below it,and look to see if SDScan.exe is Blocked or Monitored in there.

It doesn't look like it should be a Windows 8 and Spybot compatibility problem,since it got two votes in the compatibility center:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...&tempOsid=win8
    http://www.safer-networking.org/faq/...ort-windows-8/

It's weird that your scan won't run,though.I really can't think of anything else that might be stopping the scan at the moment.

Cool Quarantine?

[QUOTE=It's weird that your scan won't run,though.I really can't think of anything else that might be stopping the scan at the moment. [/QUOTE]

I checked "Quarantine" and there is nothing in there. I also checked "Detection Configuration" and the only thing in there is rfagent64.exe and it is Allowed.

In the beginning was the Shining One, Ptath, god of land, sea and space, on whom be all praise heaped, and countless prayers offered that he may return to his chosen race.

rfagent64.exe should be Registry First Aid Agent,so looks like nothing related to Spybot in Detection Configuration.

There's a post on this forum about registry cleaners,in general:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=30038

Default Scan Menu Items Italicised

rfagent64.exe should be Registry First Aid Agent,so looks like nothing related to Spybot in Detection Configuration.

There's a post on this forum about registry cleaners,in general:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=30038
    RFA was removed and made no difference to the fact that the 5 scan menu items are italicized.

I downloaded the latest version today, version 2.1.18.0, in the hopes that it might contain a fix but, nope, 5 scan menu items italicized. Also, the new box on the right of the menu says "Last System Scan. Your computer has not been scanned yet! The scan will not include extended antivirus checks.". and the Start Scan drop-down box on the right is greyed out.

Ptath

I'm sorry to hear that.I'm sorry to say I still haven't thought of what might be stopping your Spybot from scanning.
    As determined as your Spybot is not to scan,no matter what I did to mine it still insisted on starting up and scanning(and trust me,I roughed my copy up quite a bit!).If I think of anything else,or see anything similar to what you're experiencing with it,I'll post it here.

Default I'm having this same problem.

Could you attempt to start a System Scan again,and then start Task Manager,select the Processes tab,scroll down and see if sdscan.exe is listed there?
    I have tried all of the above steps as well and am still having the same problem. I did check my Task Manager, and NO, sdscan.exe is not listed. So it's not running. Please help!

Thanks.

Unfortunately,I'm most likely not able to help since the original problem was never resolved,and I've never seen a solution posted anywhere.
    Your menu items are italicized also?

Default spybot system scan will not run

I have just updated spybot and now it will not do a system scan,everything else is working.When I click on it .it appears in the system tray ,if I hover the mouse over it .it shows in the tray,but just comes up as a outline on the screen.I am running windows7 64 bit avg antivirus and privatefirewall 7.
    snowy12

Hello.
    I have just updated spybot and now it will not do a system scan,everything else is working.
    Did you mean you checked for updates,or did you mean that you installed a newer version of the program?