Thread: This is driving me nuts

Default This is driving me nuts

Ok, I downloaded spybot 2 a few months back. now the original spybot would sit in the background nice and quiet tell I had need of it.(Mostly to keep msconfig in check & let me know of registry changes) This spybot 2 keep popping up with menus for some reason every now and then. This time it brought up the "Scan for malware" window and minimized my game...and it crashed because BF:BC2 hates being minimized.... now I'v look a few times now in settings to stop this, but for some reason I can't find the option to stop it from popping up like this.

Now I did search "Spybot 2 popping up" but just got responses of people dealing with spyware/malware/adware.

This is Very Annoying for a regular gamer...How Do I Stop This?!

Hello wolfrages,

is Spybot popping up only when it wants to do a Scan, an Update or an Immunisation, or also else?

If Spybot pops up only for Scan, Update or Immunisation, please have a look here: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=67947

Else a Screenshop of the Pop-Up would be as same helpful as the information, which Operating-System you are using.

Also im wondering about your statement
    now the original spybot
    what does "original spybot" mean here? Spybot 1.6.2?

לשונות רעות שנפגעו שלוש פעמים: למי שמדבר, שדברו עליהם ומי שמקשיב.

שלום

Yes. it is only update, Immunisation & Scan that pop up.

I found on that forum you suggested that he is having the same problem as me. But my popping up windows don't run, they just pop up without doing anything.

This guy said he had a solution on that forum

(BBNetwork)
    "I found a way to disable the autostart of the Immunisation-, the Scan-, and the Update-Task, from within Spybot Free:

- Start Spybot 2 as Admin
    - Open the "Autostart-Manager"
    - Select the Register "planned Tasks"
    - Look for an Entry with the Title "D:\Windows\system32\Tasks\Safer-Networking\Spybot - Search and Destroy\"
    The first letter (D) can be different, if you installed Windows in another partition.
    - Open this Entry by clickicking the little arrow infront of it
    - U see now the tree Entry, which Spybot created, each with a checkbox infront.
    - Just unselect this checkboxes and close the Windows. "

However once I lauch the Start center the Option "Autostart-Manager" is not on my list of options, Nor is it in settings, from what I found. :/

EDIT: Yea, the original Spybot S&D 1.6.2
    Last edited by wolfrages; 2013-04-02 at 05:21.

to open the Windows Task-Planner, you can do this:

Quote Originally Posted by bbnetwork View Post
    Open the Task-Planer.
    To do this you have 3 options:

- Click your Start button,in the search box type: taskschd.msc and press enter
    - Click your Start button,in the search box type Task Scheduler,then doubleclick Task Scheduler
    - Click the right mouse button on a blank area of the taskbar and select "Start Task Manager".

once open, click the little arrow beside Task Scheduler library, if there is an entry there called Safer-Networking, click the arrow beside that,and use your mouse to click on Spybot - Search & Destroy.
    Now you should see 3 entrys: Updates,Refresh Immunization and Scan the System there in the middle window,all with a Status of Ready

Doubleclick one of the entys, a new window, called properties will open. Into this window select the register "Trigger".
    Now u see a window with an entry selected and 3 colums, called "trigger", "details" and "status".

Click the "edit"-button on below the window, another window will open.
    Into this new window unselect the last checkbox, called "actived".
    Click OK into this Window and the next Window.

Repeat this for the other both entrys about Spybot.
    Close Tas-Planer and restart your Computer.

שלום

worked like a charm! thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfrages View Post
    worked like a charm! thanks!
    You are welcome!

שלום