Thread: spy-bot 1.6.2.46

Default spy-bot 1.6.2.46

i would like to know if 1.6 is still supported. i have done updates for a while now an the update works an downloads an installs an i immunize but the protected numbers stays the same, an the number of new protected files is always at zero, so i think that my updating is not working.
    also i have tried the new version of 2.1 quite a few times an i do not like it at all. it is VERY complicated an does not work well at all on my PC. so my preference is to stay with 1.6. but if it is not supported anymore then im just spinning my wheels

Yes,it's listed as still available on the website,so I'd have to assume that Spybot 1.6.2 is still supported.This is the compatibility list:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/about/compatibility/

Default spy-bot 1.6

okay, thank you for your reply, then there must be another problem that i have not found yet.but this has been going on for a while now, cause after the weekly updates that i think works okay the protected file numbers stay the same,but a while ago the file number got larger an the immunize number was not at zero. i have even uninstalled an reinstalled a few times but to no avail.

an the immunize number was not at zero.
    Do you mean the number of items that needed to be immunized was at zero?

There might not necessarily be anything wrong.It just may be that there haven't been any immunization updates for a while.

Default spy-bot 1.6

yes, that is correct. there have not been any for some time now , thats why i was getting nervous,cause this has not happened before. so ill leave it at that an not worry that something is wrong. Thank you again for your help

You're welcome.