Thread: Detected random screenshots

Default Detected random screenshots

Hello. Today while playing world of warcraft on a privateserver i noticed my computer tried to take a random screenshot. I noticed it because in world of warcraft when you take a screenshot it says "screen captured", but now it suddenly came up and said "screencapture failed". Its funny I think I actually noticed it before, so im in doubt if I have some malware on my PC that takes random screendumps and sends them back.

I tried varius malware removal tools but they havent found anything and now has SnD. Now im getting even more paranoid so I have thought about getting a sniffer program so trace all packages going out to see if any traffic I dont know off is going out.

Do you guys know of anything that can help me to clarify wether this is some kind of malware monitoring my PC? Like can i get a program that detects when my pc is trying to make screenshot?

Kind regards, Chillypill
    Last edited by tashi; 2013-04-08 at 23:30. Reason: Moved from Requests for additions to Spybot's detections

Hello Chillypill,
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillypill View Post
    Do you guys know of anything that can help me to clarify wether this is some kind of malware monitoring my PC?
    Someone could take a look at the system in the Malware Removal Forum

If you choose to do that please see the forum's FAQ which also includes instructions in post #2 on how to provide DDS and aswMBR logs, which are used in the preliminary analysis.
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Edit
    Is this your topic: http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/4...s-being-taken/

If so you might want to wait for a response there.

Best regards.
    Last edited by tashi; 2013-04-08 at 23:46. Reason: Added
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Yes that is me in that thread. Anyway I saw that another guy got the same and that makes me belive it might just be some random bug in the software.

A whole other thing. Do you know any software that can monitor my traffic on my network? I am not talking about sniffers because that is way too detailed, I need something where I can see what devices on my network are using what amount of bandwidth and maybe also able to tell which programs are using how much bandwidth. I need it because I sometimes get random trafficspikes and I want to eliminated them, but I dont know what is causing them.

Thanks. Chillypill

Hello Chillypill,

Perhaps Microsoft Network Monitor would work for you.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=4865
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016