Thread: Repeatedly asking for permission to remove

Default Repeatedly asking for permission to remove

My gf ran spybot sd on her laptop. It is now asking for her for permission to remove files. My observation to this point is that they are all dll's. We have said yes perhaps 100 times. We have rebooted the computer, and I have tried to find the relevant process in task manager to kill it, but was unable to. Any suggestions?

That sort of sounds like Teatimer.Is there a box popping up asking her if she wants to Allow or Deny a change?

Yes. It is the windows popup that asks you to allow the change or cancel (I believe those are the choices). It is not the popup that is shown in the teatimer tutorial, but the popup that appears when a change to the computer needs approval.
    Last edited by bob55106; 2013-04-15 at 17:11.

Ok,thank you.I'm not sure if that is Teatimer or not for sure,it's hard to tell.But it sort of sounds like it.
    After the Spybot scan,it would be normal for it to pop up since changes are being made,but a hundred times sounds a little extreme,unless there was a lot of things found in the scan.

Did it stop coming up after you restarted the computer?Just in case it didn't,could she rightclick the Teatimer icon down in the area beside the clock,and select Exit Spybot S&D Resident.She may be prompted on that change,if so,click Allow.
    If unable to exit Teatimer due to being prompted to Allow changes,open Task Manager,click the processes tab,click on Teatimer.exe,and then click End Process,and End process again on the next window that comes up.
    And for now,open Spybot,click Mode,Advanced Mode,Tools,Resident,and remove the checkmark beside Resident "Tea timer".

Could you also get her to open Spybot,then click Help and About,and let me know the version of Spybot?

And if at all possible,could I see the teatimer logfile?Go back to Tools->Resident,and in the window to the right,rightclick and select Select All,then rightclick and select Copy,then Paste the teatimer logfile here.

Sorry. She uninstalled spybot. But, since she still has a load of bad stuff, I think we will try again. This time. Hopefully, without issues, but if there are, we will revisit here. Thanks for your responsiveness.

Ok,thanks for letting me know.
    There is a newer version of Spybot available that doesn't have a resident included,if she would like to have a look at that:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/private/
    This is a compatibility list,so she can see if her version of windows is compatible with it or not:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/about/compatibility/