Thread: Help with possible malware that turns usb Shortcut.

Angry Help with possible malware that turns usb Shortcut.

Hello! Since the day before yesterday, I inserted a USB stick and found this shortcut I thought I had misconfigured so I double-click on it and from there began the nightmare ...

When I insert the USB into my PC, in memory automatically appears a shortcut of it, hiding all my files. I intetado show hidden files and delete the "virus" or "malware" but not destroyed as it returns all the same when I insert the memory stick.

Searching the internet I found ways CMD, to replace or display files and displays the following to the shortcut and shown to be the file "rundll32.exe"

C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe _WKVVTEHE.init,krnl jqyrzgnhovdxelsmtbicjqyrzgnhov xelfmtbucjqkrzgahovpxs

I considered replacing by CMD, the rundll32.exe file on the other, but when I put my USB aparenteme clean after formatting was repeated and frankly I do not know to do.I need your help because it is bug bothers me!

P.D:Excuse my English, but I speak Spanish.

Security Expert-Emeritus Dakeyras's Avatar

Hi and welcome to Safer Networking.

My apologies for the delay and if you still require assistance carry out the below for myself please...

It looks to me you may have either Vista or Windows 7 as a Operating System so:-

Download/Run Panda USB Vaccine:

Please download Panda USB Vaccine from here to the Desktop of your machine.

• Right-click on USBVaccineSetup.exe and select Run as Administrator >> follow the prompts in the installation wizard.
    • At the configuration screen(settings)...
    • Ensure both Run Panda USB Vaccine automatically when computer boots (/resident mode) & Automatically vaccinate any newly inserted USB key are selected >> plus NTFS support
    • Now click on Next> >> ensure Launch Panda USB Vaccine is selected >> click on Finish.
    • Insert your USB Drive in your machine...it will be automatically vaccinated(as will any usb drives connected in the future).

Note: You may uninstall Panda USB Vaccine when we have completed the Malware Removal process if you so wish. Though my advice would be to keep it installed.

Scan with SCC:

Please download Shortcut Cleaner to your Desktop.

Right-click on sc-cleaner.exe and select Run as Administrator >> follow the prompts and post the contents of sc-cleaner.txt in your next reply.

Note: The log can also be located at C: >> sc-cleaner.txt

Next

When completed the above, please post back the following in the order asked for:

• How is your computer performing now, any further symptoms and or problems encountered?
    • Shortcut Cleaner Log.
    Mammuthus Hibernian Scouserus, member of ASAP and UNITE.

Security Expert-Emeritus Dakeyras's Avatar

Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed.

If it has been three days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh set of DDS logs and a link to your previous thread.
    Mammuthus Hibernian Scouserus, member of ASAP and UNITE.