Thread: Please add this to the list

Default Please add this to the list

please add this malware to the list. I cannot get it off my system. start.sweetpacks.com

Hello sgnedeau,

Quote Originally Posted by sgnedeau View Post
    I cannot get it off my system
    Someone can take a look at the system if you start a topic in the Malware Removal Forum where a volunteer analyst will advise when available.

If you decided to do that please see the forum's FAQ which also includes instructions in post #2 on how to provide DDS and aswMBR logs, which are used in the preliminary analysis.
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Exclamation sweetpacks = very malicious

Quote Originally Posted by sgnedeau View Post
    please add this malware to the list. I cannot get it off my system. start.sweetpacks.com

SWEETPACKS / CONDUIT

http://forums.cnet.com/7723-6132_102...nduit-malware/

Very malicious, very devious, many dozens of registry entries, Program Files folders, all users, appdata folders had various subfolders; and it hijacked all 5 installed browser home pages, search engines, and so far cannot be removed, and keeps re-installing itself. I have found many dozens of registry entries referring to it.

When I tried to uninstall in Control Panel, Programs - SpyBot 2.0 alerted me that the web page brought up was known malicious install site.

I’d be interested in knowing if you’ve had any run-in with this very bad malware.

I got it simply by right clicking to use a different app to open a video file (at home) and got offered an update and stupidly clicked express install.

So far I have been working for two days trying to remove all the tendrils, and SpyBot has been no help. I did find that all the SpyBot browser plug-ins, along with Windows Defender had been disabled.
    Last edited by perrynewton; 2013-05-08 at 06:13. Reason: registry comment

Hello perrynewton,

Quote Originally Posted by perrynewton View Post
    I did find that all the SpyBot browser plug-ins, along with Windows Defender had been disabled.
    You might also consider,

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post

Someone can take a look at the system if you start a topic in the Malware Removal Forum where a volunteer analyst will advise when available.

If you decided to do that please see the forum's FAQ which also includes instructions in post #2 on how to provide DDS and aswMBR logs, which are used in the preliminary analysis.
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016