Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spybot +AV 2.1 Beta release thread

I think that this beta don't disable windows defender at windows 7 ultimate - 64 bits. Maybe will conflicted between windows and spybot ?
    I think that the bitdefender updates are very long in the beta too. I use it inside virtualbox, maybe it's that the problem ?

Can you list all new features of the free version 2.1 ? (If it have apart the new translations)
    Last edited by matdefrance; 2013-05-10 at 13:06.

Hello,

Scan on more than one core will be available in the Home and Professional Edition.
    There should be no compatibility issues.
    If some parts would conflict, just those parts could be disabled.
    The new features of Spybot 2.1 are listed here.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Default Final release

Some menus aren't be totally traduce in french in the beta, especially in the configuration options.

I hope a complete french translation in the final release, free edition too !
    I'm unfortunately user of the free edition of all my softwares...

I hope that the final version will soon be available, next week maybe ?

Default Updates problems

Hello,

I test the beta 2.1.17 on a virtual system (windows 7 - 64 bits) in virtualbox.
    I have no problems to do the safer networking updates.
    But it bugs with the AV bitdefender updates. Update failed.
    I find the problem, I desactivated the spybot proxy and then no problem and the download are faster than before.

But I must say that some parts in the menus aren't totally traduce in french, one line in english and the second in french...
    I hope an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by matdefrance View Post
    System scans in multi-threads, FREE version too ?
    As for the Live-Protection, NO, for the regular Syste-Scan i think, YES

Release in the next weeks ? Beta 2 are finished next saturday.
    The Final Release will be available close to this, if no big Bugs are found.

לשונות רעות שנפגעו שלוש פעמים: למי שמדבר, שדברו עליהם ומי שמקשיב.

שלום

But it bugs with the AV bitdefender updates. Update failed.
    I find the problem, I desactivated the spybot proxy and then no problem and the download are faster than before.
    As i understand, you mean bitdefender updates bugs.

Its because you have bitdefender probably configurated to use the System-Settings for Proxy, to connect to the Internet.
    If you change the bitdefender configuartion to not use a Proxi, the bitdefender updates will work fine, also if the Spybot-Proxy is running.

שלום

Default Proxy

Hello,

Thank you for your answers. I hope the multi-thread system scan and file scan will be integrated in the free version.

Is it normal if I click the system scan, the window which is open start automatically a scan ?

With the proxy, I noticed that the checkbox will automatically check after reboot of the system. However with the spybot proxy I can't do any bitdefender update.
    Secondly, will the button application not change color (gray) after applicated ?

Thank you.

Yes, also on my System the scan starts as soon as i open the scan-wizzard.

As for the proxy, you only need to change the confifuration of Bit Defender to "Do not use a Proxy".
    This option is available in Connection-Tab of Config.

Which button should get gray?

If the proxy is supported the option wont turn greay.

שלום

Quote Originally Posted by bbnetwork View Post
    Yes, also on my System the scan starts as soon as i open the scan-wizzard.
    Also it's normal that it begin automatically at the opening of the windows ? Not the user which must click on the button start ?

As for the proxy, you only need to change the confifuration of Bit Defender to "Do not use a Proxy".
    This option is available in Connection-Tab of Config.
    This problem are closed.

But I think that bitdefender updates are very long, same with a 20 mbits/s internet connection.

Which button should get gray? If the proxy is supported the option wont turn greay.
    If you open the options configuration window, you can confirm your choice with tree button, "ok", "cancel" and "apply". Must the button "apply" not get gray if you click one time on it ?

Finally, I'm a french user and some window aren't totally traduced in french, will you improve the french traductions of the final version ? Thank you.

Also it's normal that it begin automatically at the opening of the windows ? Not the user which must click on the button start ?
    Please open the Start-Center of Spybot (as Admin) and select the menu "Settings"
    Now go to tab "Schedule" (shedule plan) (in frensh it may be called planifier un plan or something like this)

Please now create a Screenshot of ALL entrys, listed there and provide this Screenshot here in Forum.

Special attention should be taken to entry MRU-Scan.

If you open the options configuration window, you can confirm your choice with tree button, "ok", "cancel" and "apply". Must the button "apply" not get gray if you click one time on it ?
    No, actually the button is not supoosed to behave this way.

Finally, I'm a french user and some window aren't totally traduced in french, will you improve the french traductions of the final version ? Thank you.
    The french translation is, like all translations, constantly improving but some parts maybe could not (or cannot) be translated right now, because of programming-reasons.

שלום