Thread: Very very confused about your site and the new SpyBot 2.0

Question Very very confused about your site and the new SpyBot 2.0

You have a "compare" but I fail to see the difference between Professional, Corporate, and Technician.

"Technician" says you can fix an arbitrary number of computers, but asks for number of computers on the purchase screen?

If I buy any version of Spybot 2.0, what kind of DRM does it use, and how will it limit my use of the product? I need to know this before spending money.

Finally, your site appears to now be commercialized... you are now selling a product that has been "tried and true" and free for well over a decade. But, you still have a "donate" links prominently displayed all over your site. Personally, this really rubs me the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerski View Post
    You have a "compare" but I fail to see the difference between Professional, Corporate, and Technician.

- The difference is in the licensing.

"Technician" says you can fix an arbitrary number of computers, but asks for number of computers on the purchase screen?

- The Technician edition can be used to scan multiple computers but must be removed when work is completed. The 'number of computers' mentioned is the number of copies of the software required.

If I buy any version of Spybot 2.0, what kind of DRM does it use, and how will it limit my use of the product? I need to know this before spending money.

- If you are using the Coporate Edition, Home Edition or Professional Edition it will check the number of instances of the software that are running on the network.

Finally, your site appears to now be commercialized... you are now selling a product that has been "tried and true" and free for well over a decade. But, you still have a "donate" links prominently displayed all over your site. Personally, this really rubs me the wrong way.
    - We are still providing a 'Free Edition' which you are welcome to download, if you decide to make a voluntary donation we appreciate it but it is not compulsory. You are correct that our website is now more 'commercialized'. We had to do this in order to continue to exist. Unfortunately there are a great many business users that still use our Free Edition in a commercial environment and we were hoping to encouage some of these to buy licenses to comply with our EULA.

Question Corporate VS Technician

Hey, I am pretty new here.
    My name is Kevin and I'm 17 years old.

My job is to go to people and fix their computers at their houses.

Wich license can I use and do I have to pay per customer where I installed S&D 2.0? (I think I need the Technician but I don't know the difference between corporate and technician).

Sincerely,
    Kevin.

Hello,

The Technician version would be suitable for you.
    It is designed for support technicians and offers single support case handling.
    You can purchase one license for you, and may fix an arbitrary number of computers.

The Corporate version is designed for companies with networked or standalone PCs.
    With this version centralised management is not required and the protection is administered locally.

For more questions please feel free to send an e-mail to: sales(at)safer-networking.ie .

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

When I have bought the technician license, how long is it legit or is my license permanent?

Hello,

The license is valid for 1 year.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Default Network Requirements??

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

The Technician version would be suitable for you.
    It is designed for support technicians and offers single support case handling.
    You can purchase one license for you, and may fix an arbitrary number of computers.

The Corporate version is designed for companies with networked or standalone PCs.
    With this version centralised management is not required and the protection is administered locally.

For more questions please feel free to send an e-mail to: sales(at)safer-networking.ie .

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot
    So if I understand correctly with the Technician license I would be able to install Spybot on my computer and administer other computers from my computer.

Does that include active protection for the other computers or would they need a Corporate License for that type of protection?

Also what are the network requirements for the Technician license? Can I work on computers through both a wired and wireless network?

It would help your sales to have this documented more clearly on your site. At first glance the Corporate and Technician licenses look identical with the only difference being the price. I have been in the industry for nearly 20 years and this is not clear.