Thread: Spybot S&D 2 causes IE slowdowns

Post Spybot S&D 2 causes IE slowdowns

Hi! All,

I'm working on recovering my system from a multi-hard drive failure and upon installing Spybot S&D 2.0.12.0 I notice that IE becomes very slow an unresponsive. Multiple web pages flat do not load for example Google, MSN, Youtube and Yahoo just to name a few. The browser auto fix from Microsoft states that the Spybot S&D plugin is the problem; is there a way to install Spybot S&D and prevent the plugin from being activated (put into use)? I also noticed that scan times for Spybot S&D 2.0 are slower than the scan times for Spybot S&D 1.6.2; kinda odd. Plus, Spybot S&D 2.0 states that my IE settings for handling cookies are not correct; I've got IE set to accept first party and session cookies while blocking all third party cookies an yet Spybot S&D indicates this isn't secure.

System specs: Windows XP Pro SP3 32-bit, Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 64-bit, Windows 7 SP1 64-bit, Core i7 processor & 12GB memory.

That's it in brief.

Thanks, for your time,

Tech83

You could uninstall sdhelper with Spybot 2 still installed.

Open Spybot-S&D Start Center,check Advanced User Mode,click Settings,go to the System Integration tab,click Uninstall next to Internet Explorer Integration,then click Apply and Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    You could uninstall sdhelper with Spybot 2 still installed.

Open Spybot-S&D Start Center,check Advanced User Mode,click Settings,go to the System Integration tab,click Uninstall next to Internet Explorer Integration,then click Apply and Ok.
    Thanks, Zenobia!! I'll give that a try.

You're welcome.