First of all I'm new so I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place.

Second, I have Spybot 2 installed on my windows 7 system, which is working fine. I also have spybot 2 portable installed on my flash drive via portableapps.com. The portable version on my flash drive works as it should in almost every way. The one issue I am having is updating fingerprints/definitions. I am in advanced user mode, though I have tried this without being in advanced user mode. I click on update, since it's on a flash drive I don't have it plugged in all the time so I only update manually, it does its check, and finds 11 files need to be updated. I click on update in the lower right, a list of the 11 files in a new window that says "Checking for updates...." a bar at the bottom is displayed, it's not a progress bar, it's the other type, the one that is has a fraction of the green bar moving across repeatedly left to right, whatever that is called, anyway, this window is only displayed for about a second, then the update window is the active window and it displays the files with clocks next to them which are rapidly changed to green check marks, with the exception of the 11 files that need updating which have the red X, and the progress bar at the bottom fills and this happens very rapidly. Basically it is just acting like I clicked check status and doesn't give a report. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and now 19 files need updating, some of the previously out dated files were now up to date, then I tried updating and got the same result as before. I am guessing that having Spybot installed on my computer is somehow telling the portable version, at some point in the process, that those files don't need to be updated, but of course I really have no clue. I don't have access to a computer without Spybot installed and I really don't want to have to uninstall it every time the portable version needs updates. Any help appreciated, and thank you for just taking the time to read this.