Thread: AS Protection Off/Internet Protection OFF

Default AS Protection Off/Internet Protection OFF

Having reinstalled my S & D programme and done a scan which tells me that I am 'fully protected and up to date' I find that the desktop system tray icon says-
    AS Protection Off/ Internet protection Off

I can find no way to turn these back on nor any similar subject on the Forum so can someone please tell me what to do to reactivate these elements.

Thanks

Hello,

Then not all services are running.

Please run the Start Center and switch to advanced mode.
    Now start Settings with a rightclick and choose "run as administrator".

Then open the tab "System Integration“. Here you can install the "System Integration“ services. Click "Apply“ and "OK“ afterwards.

Now go to the tab "System Services". Here you can start the "System Services".
    Make sure the checkboxes down under are set deactive for "Active after every reboot".
    Click "Apply“ and "OK“ afterwards.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Default Almost got it.

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

Then not all services are running.

Please run the Start Center and switch to advanced mode.
    Now start Settings with a rightclick and choose "run as administrator".

Then open the tab "System Integration“. Here you can install the "System Integration“ services. Click "Apply“ and "OK“ afterwards.

Now go to the tab "System Services". Here you can start the "System Services".
    Make sure the checkboxes down under are set deactive for "Active after every reboot".
    Click "Apply“ and "OK“ afterwards.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot
    Sandra,did everything as instructed but when i went to the System Services tab, all three services had a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in them and would not let me start them.

What operating system to you have?
    Does it say Start on the buttons above the yellow triangle,or install?
    And what is your Spybot version,is it Spybot 2.3?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    What operating system to you have?
    Does it say Start on the buttons above the yellow triangle,or install?
    And what is your Spybot version,is it Spybot 2.3?
    It says START above the yellow triangles and i believe it is Spybot-Search & Destroy +AV version 2.2
    Last edited by kmiec13; 2014-06-20 at 08:06.

Sorry, it is Windows 8 and the version is Spybot-Search & Destroy+AV 2.2. It shows START above the yellow triangles

Okay,might as well go to services and see what you can find out in there.Press the Windows+R keys to open the Run dialog,type services.msc,then press Enter.Scroll down,the three Spybot services should be there:Spybot-S&D 2 Scanner Service,Spybot-S&D 2 Security Center Service,and Spybot-S&D 2 Updating Service.
    Pick one of those services and click on it.Over to the left,click Start to start the service.Let me know if you get an error message or anything.

Default Could not start the system service Spybot S&D 2 Secuity Center Service.

Hi Zenobia,
    This seems the right place to post, so I will reply to your advice.
    I've got Spybot S&D 2 +AV v2.4.40 installed on WHS 2011. In spite of having exactly followed your directions, every time I start up WHS 2011 I can't access the internet.
    When I check Settings -> System Services - both Security System Service and Scanner Service are off. (this is after all WHS services appear to have loaded).
    I can eventually get the scanner service started but the Security System Service will not start. I get the error message;
    "Could not start the system service Spybot S&D 2 Security Center Service. The reason given by the System (1075): the dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion."
    And yet, after about 10 minutes of up time Internet access is available.
    When I check to see what service the Security Center is dependent upon, there is nothing listed. I am supposing that something isn't quite configured right in WHS.
    So, I'd like to know;
    1) what is the Security System Service dependent upon, so I can research the issue in WHS. That is, if my supposition has been correct.
    2) why would Internet access be there later, when the Security System Service is off. Perhaps more succinctly, If the Spybot S&D proxy isn't active and no other proxy is in use on the system, what is initially stopping internet access?
    3) why isn't (at least) the Scanner Service starting automatically?

Mahalo, HalinQuincy

Hi,there.
    Unfortunately I know exactly zero about Windows Home Server,so please bear with me.

The Spybot-S&D 2 Security Center Service is dependent on Security Center.Does WHS 2011 have a Windows Security Center?

For the second question,could you open Spybot Start Center,check mark Advanced User Mode,click Update,then once Spybot is done the test,click 'Show Details' and make sure it says Show All Updates at the top,then scroll through.Is SDDisableProxy.exe listed?

The Scanner Service might be getting a time-out error when attempting to start when Windows starts.Go to Start,Administrative Tools,Event Viewer,click on System,then look through for red x's beside Service Control Manager,then click and look if it is to do with the scanner service.If found,please let me know what it says.