Thread: Babylon user but ...

Default Babylon user but ...

I have been a user of Babylon translation software for several years but I elected during installation to not install the Babylon Toolbar. However, every time I run Spybot, I am told that I have 45 Babylon Toolbar files that need to be removed.
    In fact, not one of those 45 files relates to the toolbar. They are all necessary files for the operation of the translation software. The first time, I just accepted Spybot wisdom and allowed the deletion. The trouble I had to locate the licence number and reinstall Babylon was indescribable. I reported this matter the Spybot a year ago and yet even the latest version of Spybot S&D is still listing these 45 files as a risk.

Hello,

They are connected, as the translation software also installs the toolbar.

But if you have removed them accidentally you can use use the Quarantine option to recover.
    And for future scans you can set them to be ignored.

Which version of Spybot do you run?

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Thanks for the reply but I am not entirely convinced. None of these 45 detected files installs the Babylon Toolbar. That is a tickbox option during installation. Why, therefore, is Spybot not configured to ignore the main programme files?
    This was my first use of Spybot 2.0.12.0 although I did use the previous version frequently.

How can I mark these 45 files to be ignored. I have tried every way I can think of but I have not found a way short of making a list and adding them manually.
    Surely not!
    SBSD version 1 was quirky enough but SBSD version 2 seems much less user-friendly. Maybe I just need more time to adapt.

Hello,

You can edit the ignore list in the “Settings“ module to exclude a product from further searches. In order to do so you have to run the Start Center, switch to advance mode and start Settings. Now browse to the “Ignore List“ tab. Via the “Add“ button you will get a list of products to be excluded. Just select the product you want to exclude and hit “OK“.
    Settings can also be launched via SDTray (the small Spybot – Search & Destroy icon beside your systems clock in the taskbar).

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

I have tried that but the only products listed are:

Babylon 2.2
    Babylon 4.x
    Babylon Toolbar
    BabylonX Cracker

I have none of these on my system. The product I am running is Babylon 7.0.