Thread: CD boots to command console

Default CD boots to command console

I created the bootable cd without an issue but it only boots to a command console when I run it!
    I've tried copying the SD2 software folder to a usb drive for it to find it but still no luck.

My PC is quite heavily infected and a bootable CD is my last resort before I decide to wipe everything.

Please help!

Did you try if the commandline-parameters for Spybot are working?

You can find a list of available commandline-parameters here: http://www.safer-networking.org/faq/...ith-spybot-sd/

If this dont work, maybe the creation of the Boot-CD went wrong because the Maleware o your System have been disturbing the correctly creation of the Boot-CD.

Do you have the possibility to create the Boot-CD from a clean system?
    Last edited by bbnetwork; 2013-05-23 at 13:41.

לשונות רעות שנפגעו שלוש פעמים: למי שמדבר, שדברו עליהם ומי שמקשיב.

שלום

Hello,

Those command lines would be for the old version Spybot-S&D 1.6.2.

Sounds like you did something wrong in creating the Boot CD or that the ISO is defect.

1) To create a Spybot S&D bootcd you will first have to download and install the Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK).
    The Spybot S&D BootCDCreator helps you with the download if it does not detect an installed WAIK.

a) The WAIK downloaded by the Spybot S&D BootCDCreator is the Windows 7 AIK, it can be used to create a Spybot S&D bootcd on a Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8 computer.

b) If you use Windows Vista to creat the bootcd, the Windows Vista AIK is required.
    You can download the Windows Vista AIK here.

Note: The choice of the WAIK is mainly relevant for creating the CD not running it.
    However there are some rare computers which cannot boot Windows 7 based CDs.

2) After the download of the WAIK has finished, you need to mount or burn the DVD image in order to be able to install the WAIK. 1a) and 1b) are identical from here on.

3) After installation of the WAIK restart the Spybot S&D BootCDCreator, now it will detect the WAIK and you can proceed with the creation of the bootcd.

4) Once the bootcd image is created you need to burn it to a CD as a disc image.

5) Please make sure that the computer that is supposed to use the CD is setup to boot from CD first.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

Those command lines would be for the old version Spybot-S&D 1.6.2.

Sounds like you did something wrong in creating the Boot CD or that the ISO is defect.

1) To create a Spybot S&D bootcd you will first have to download and install the Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK).
    The Spybot S&D BootCDCreator helps you with the download if it does not detect an installed WAIK. - Done, Windows 7 and all is fine

a) The WAIK downloaded by the Spybot S&D BootCDCreator is the Windows 7 AIK, it can be used to create a Spybot S&D bootcd on a Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8 computer.

b) If you use Windows Vista to creat the bootcd, the Windows Vista AIK is required.
    You can download the Windows Vista AIK here.

Note: The choice of the WAIK is mainly relevant for creating the CD not running it.
    However there are some rare computers which cannot boot Windows 7 based CDs.

2) After the download of the WAIK has finished, you need to mount or burn the DVD image in order to be able to install the WAIK. 1a) and 1b) are identical from here on. - Done, all is fine

3) After installation of the WAIK restart the Spybot S&D BootCDCreator, now it will detect the WAIK and you can proceed with the creation of the bootcd. - Done, all is fine

4) Once the bootcd image is created you need to burn it to a CD as a disc image. - Done, all is fine

5) Please make sure that the computer that is supposed to use the CD is setup to boot from CD first. - Done, all is fine
    Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot
    Yet it still just boots to a command prompt. And those commands for the last version of spybot are also not recognised, nor does it recognise common commands.

Quote Originally Posted by hashterix View Post
    Yet it still just boots to a command prompt. And those commands for the last version of spybot are also not recognised, nor does it recognise common commands.
    Did you try to create the boot-cd on a clean System?

לשונות רעות שנפגעו שלוש פעמים: למי שמדבר, שדברו עליהם ומי שמקשיב.

שלום

Hello,

Can you post your log?
    You should find it under:
    c:\spybotbootcd

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Quote Originally Posted by bbnetwork View Post
    Did you try to create the boot-cd on a clean System?
    Yes, I was creating the boot CD on an uninfected system.

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

Can you post your log?
    You should find it under:
    c:\spybotbootcd

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot
    I have now re-installed Windows instead, I don't have time in general to continue troubleshooting.

Really do feel like I wasted 20 euros on this program.

I am having the same problem it boots to command window and stops after the first command. Created the DVD on a clean system runing Windows 7 64bit. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

boot error.jpg

Default Can't created boot CD

I purchased Spybot a few days ago because the free version would not remove or find anything. Spybot showed the program I needed to download In order to create the CD. The program is Wa-- whatever and said it was 1gb and may take a while. The virus must be very bad because I downloaded it twice. Both times Firefox said download was successful, but that was it. I restarted Spybot but it said the same thing. I searched where I told Firefox to place the file and it is not there. I did a search to see if it was on my computer and it is not. This virus or malware or I believe may be spyware is very smart because it will not allow me to get the program needed by Spybot to create the CD. Oh, and by the way, I had no problem until I signed up on facebook and then decided I wanted to remove the account and they put me through the mill and told me how to do it but that was obviously lies because I could not remove anything. I contacted facebook and told them I wanted the account removed. They said it would be removed it 14 days. It hasn't been 14 days yet, but within 2 hours my compute went haywire and I got a lot of stuff that even Spybot can't seem to handle. Help would be much appreciated.