Thread: Really Confused About The Result of A Scan

Default Really Confused About The Result of A Scan

This is the first time I've used spybot, the result i got from my first scan indicated a bunch of generic "threats" but no other information, if i click on the show more information link it opens Firefox comes to this website and searches general terms but i still cant figure out what the "threat" to my system is...

Any info would be appreciated.

Also how do i post a log file so maybe someone here can look it over and kinda guide me along?

so i did a deep rootkit scan and i got a bunch stuff, it doesnt say its a threat, it doesnt say its not a threat? so which is it? Unknown ADS? wtf is that? id like some real actual info instead of generic terms that mean nothing to me. And wtf is "no admin in ACL"? when i click on explore it shows me the file, it gives no information, like is it a threat or not, is it supposed to be there or not. I mean this is getting confusing. How am i supposed to know whats good and whats bad if it keeps throwing up stuff but not asking if i want to delete it, or allow it, its not giving me any useful information at all. Whats the deal? How the hell do i use this program? Every anti virus/antispyware program scan my files then presents the threat and tells me what if anything it may or may not do to my system and then gives me the option to allow, delete, or quarantine. Spybot is the most uninforming software ive ever used.....

To post a logfile,you'd open Spybot-S&D Start Center,click System scan,over to the left click Show previous logs,open the Checks logfile with the date of when you did your scan(example:Checks.121221-1908),go to Edit,select all,then rightclick and copy,then paste the logfile here.

For the rootkit scan,please see here:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/faq/...ally-rootkits/
    That page says if you're unsure about what is found,to ask for help in this section of the forum:
    http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=46

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    To post a logfile,you'd open Spybot-S&D Start Center,click System scan,over to the left click Show previous logs,open the Checks logfile with the date of when you did your scan(example:Checks.121221-1908),go to Edit,select all,then rightclick and copy,then paste the logfile here.

For the rootkit scan,please see here:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/faq/...ally-rootkits/
    That page says if you're unsure about what is found,to ask for help in this section of the forum:
    http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=46
    Awesome thanks!, now i'd like to know why when i had a weird BSOD issue about 10 minutes ago and my comp rebootetd spy bot says, As prtection off and internet protection off? How do i turn them back on?

You're welcome.
    For AS protection,try opening Spybot-S&D Start Center,checkmark Advanced User Mode,click Settings(click Yes to the UAC prompt if you're on Vista and above.),and click the System Services tab,and see if the services are stopped.If they are,click Start on each one,then click Apply,and then OK.

I'm not 100% sure on the Internet Protection part,I was only able to get mine to show as Basic,not as Off,but I was able to get mine to show as On again by going to the System Integration tab,installing Internet Explorer integration,then clicking Apply,and OK.

For some reason exiting tray app and restarting it seems to work, not sure way it wouldnt do that automatically but i can do that till i can work out how to make it do that own its own. so far everything else seems to has resolved itself atleast so far lol. Thank you for all your help if i get any other weird stuff or anything I'm confused about I'll post back!

Oh!!! der my bad i did what you said and checked some of the other stuff too and now it all works normally, plus i realized at some point i checked some other options regarding scanning and that's where my confusion came from with the weird results. now that i have a much better grasp of how it works i finally understand what spybot was telling me. Everything is fixed my mind is at ease, you guys are awesome!! thanks again!!!

You're welcome.