Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The end of Spybot.

Default Well said

I have to agree with you Steve. As a technician I've recommended Spybot S&D for years and considered it mandatory for any new machine.
    However after recently setting up a home micro-server and going through the motions, I've actually removed it. It's really sad to see a company which once provided a top class product go the same direction as Realplayer.

The application is now nothing but a shell of its former self.

Disappointed long term user.

Default Add me to the Chorus

The "Technician" Edition, insofar as I can tell, has been developed by a middle-school team of students.

You're now charging competitive rates, with pathetic customer service.

I've bought a product which, in the latest version has 1) an uninstallable service (forgot to include it in the code?), 2) an utter lack of documentation, and 3) even though I've paid for a Technician's Edition, it still shows "Free Edition" and keeps displaying Donation requests.

If I don't see a stable, reliable and useful product in the next couple of WEEKS, I'll have to ask for my money back. Given that many of these complaints go back to last year, I am not sanguine about the likelihood you'll be able to solve the products' many problems.

I applaud you for turning Spybot into a venture from which you can make a living. But, your experience in dealing with customers and their needs, in pricing your products, and in product documentation makes it clear you're in desperate need of some experienced, adult business management!

--Carol Anne

Quote Originally Posted by Draon View Post
    I have to agree with you Steve. As a technician I've recommended Spybot S&D for years and considered it mandatory for any new machine.
    However after recently setting up a home micro-server and going through the motions, I've actually removed it. It's really sad to see a company which once provided a top class product go the same direction as Realplayer.

The application is now nothing but a shell of its former self.

Disappointed long term user.
    I feel the same way... I use Spybot S&D (v1.6.2.46) I know where everything is ;^_^; the UI is simple and straight forward and I always have it in advanced mode, I HAVE ALWAYS RECOMMENDED/installed TO ANYONE's PC that I have worked on or tweaked and/or cleaned up ;^_^;

when a doantion came to me after my bicycle accident(August 2010) in late 2010.. I gave Spybot a small donation ;..D

I wish the the safer-networking team better times and my thx for a tool that has help me save the lives of my PCidians loi ;D

I still use it and check every Wednesday for updates ;^_^

Default Stop complaining

Steve,
    First of all the original Spybot that you have been using for years is still available.
    Their new version which you're complaining about has additional features that you never had in the past anyway.
    The developers at spybot also have families and mouths to feed and up till now they have been busting their butts and only asking for small hand-outs.
    Instead of you paying $$ why not suggest to the people whose computers you are repairing, to buy a Home version of Spybot. It's less than $15 and you can tell
    them that they won't have to call you back again. Of course you probably wouldn't like this idea as it means $$ out of your pocket.
    Give these guys a break, they work hard, and are not asking for much in return.
    Also you, as a technician you should have portable copies of security software that you can carry around, on a CD or USB.
    Jim.
    http://www.softpedia.com/progDownloa...ad-178289.html

Default I'm giving Spybot a chance based on great service for over a decade

Quote Originally Posted by caogdin View Post
    The "Technician" Edition, insofar as I can tell, has been developed by a middle-school team of students.

You're now charging competitive rates, with pathetic customer service.

I've bought a product which, in the latest version has 1) an uninstallable service (forgot to include it in the code?), 2) an utter lack of documentation, and 3) even though I've paid for a Technician's Edition, it still shows "Free Edition" and keeps displaying Donation requests.

If I don't see a stable, reliable and useful product in the next couple of WEEKS, I'll have to ask for my money back. Given that many of these complaints go back to last year, I am not sanguine about the likelihood you'll be able to solve the products' many problems.

I applaud you for turning Spybot into a venture from which you can make a living. But, your experience in dealing with customers and their needs, in pricing your products, and in product documentation makes it clear you're in desperate need of some experienced, adult business management!

--Carol Anne
    Interesting thread, started in 2013. I read the reply to Steve's early post from a Spybot team member and what impressed me was that Safer Networking had done their own search of the available AV services and licensed the best they found. I trust their judgement. I have been donating for many years because I am independent myself and I want to support non-multinational entrepreneurial endeavors that have the public welfare in mind in everything they do. GOOD JOB Safer Networking Ltd!! Les Walker