Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cant Add sites to ignored URL's

Default Cant Add sites to ignored URL's

Hi there, ive been using the old version of spybot for some time now and this new version has me confused, im trying to visit a site i regularly visit and i could understand why its blocked to an extent, but i use this site for many things and need to access it. When i visit the site i get a page displaying the following

Connection refused

Unable to connect xxxxxxxxxx
    Connection refused.
    Check

the address for typing errors
    the internet protection settings in Spybot settings
    Windows internet connection settings
    your network connection

I go into settings and to ignore lists, click the URL's tab but there is no add button there? how do i add a url to the ignore lists?

I havent run a scan yet, does this button appear after running a scan for the first time? this is a fresh new pc thats only been running for a couple of days and your software is slowing me down. I dont want to have to uninstall this but if i have no other options im going to have to, you will get no donations from me or my peers.

BTW im using spybot search and destroy 2.1, administrator privileges.
    Last edited by hoekone; 2013-05-23 at 05:12.

The page which the Spybot-Proxy displays to tell you he detected an malecous URL shouls offer the option to allow the Website.

Like this:

Last edited by bbnetwork; 2013-05-23 at 13:07.

לשונות רעות שנפגעו שלוש פעמים: למי שמדבר, שדברו עליהם ומי שמקשיב.

שלום

You can't add a url to the ignore list on the URLS tab,any sites listed are ones you've whitelisted through your browser,which means they would not be blocked if any were listed there.
    (Unfortunately,once I added some into mine,it doesn't look like the Remove button works,so I can't Remove them through Spybot.)

It's possible the site you're trying to visit might also be listed in the hosts file if you Immunized.I tried a couple and I got the same as you:
    Connection refused

Connection refused.
    Check

your network connection

Quote Originally Posted by bbnetwork View Post
    The page which the Spybot-Proxy displays to tell you he detected an malecous URL shouls offer the option to allow the Website.

Like this:

Yeah, but my screen didnt have those options, only what i posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    You can't add a url to the ignore list on the URLS tab,any sites listed are ones you've whitelisted through your browser,which means they would not be blocked if any were listed there.
    (Unfortunately,once I added some into mine,it doesn't look like the Remove button works,so I can't Remove them through Spybot.)

It's possible the site you're trying to visit might also be listed in the hosts file if you Immunized.I tried a couple and I got the same as you:
    Yes, seems that the immunization may have caused this, not sure why, but it seems after i reverse the immunization the site loads back up. Is there anyway to stop this from happening? Is it necessary to immunize?

The old version i had of spybot never had this issue, even after an immunization.

If you don't immunize,then other known to be bad sites which you might not want to go to would be reachable,plus they wouldn't be added to restricted sites,etc.
    There are a couple of different things you could try,though,if you'd rather have most immunization.
    You could reimmunize everything,then edit your hosts file to remove the one site you'd like to reach.
    This is for Windows 8:
    http://www.petenetlive.com/KB/Article/0000674.htm
    Windows 7:
    http://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-7/windows-7-hosts-file/
    If you do that,the site may still be listed in the Restricted Sites zone,though.
    Oh,yes,and Spybot locks the hosts file as unreadable,so you'd have to rightclick the hosts file,select properties,and remove the checkmark from beside Read only before editing and then click OK,also.

Or,you could immunize everything except your hosts file.You'd just remove the checkmark from beside Global (Hosts),and immunize everything else.That would leave the one site reachable,but leave other known to be bad sites usually listed in the hosts file after immunizing reachable,too.
    Again,the one site might be in the restricted sites zone,but it might still be functionable enough for you to use,you'd have to check.

Thanks Zenobia, ill have a fiddle with those settings and see what i can do.

You're welcome.

Default the same happens to me

I have the same bahaviour as hokeone. I tried to immunize and un-immunize. no way.
    furthermore I use chrome as browser, but spybot only lists explore and firefox and I can't add chrome manually. any advice? maybe it can explain the whole thing?

Quote Originally Posted by giovanna99 View Post
    I have the same bahaviour as hokeone. I tried to immunize and un-immunize. no way.
    furthermore I use chrome as browser, but spybot only lists explore and firefox and I can't add chrome manually. any advice? maybe it can explain the whole thing?
    Does the Error in your case look like in the Screenshot i showed above?

לשונות רעות שנפגעו שלוש פעמים: למי שמדבר, שדברו עליהם ומי שמקשיב.

שלום

Quote Originally Posted by bbnetwork View Post
    Does the Error in your case look like in the Screenshot i showed above?
    No, it looks as the hoekone one, that is to say:

Connection refused

Connection refused.
    Check

your network connection

in other words it does not give me the choice to enter the url, as in your screenshot.
    i tried to use firefox and explorer as browsers, for explorer it just stop the program, in firefox tells something similar to the above, but not mentioning spybot settings.

i think i must unistall the internet protection, just letting the disk scanning facility but how?