Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Problem with repair environment

Default Problem with repair environment

Hello staff of developpment, PepiMK,

I have a problem with the repair environment :
    If I activate it, I go to "System" and then "Defragment", and nothing is opening. => I think it is a bug, maybe a corrupted link, because I think it is opened a process.
    The tool "HTML Help" is not opening too, but it don't create a process.
    In the repair environment, if you open the "Windows explorer", it is running great, but to quit it, you must kill the process of the "Windows explorer", and it leave opening a screen of the normal windows screen.
    => I think that it must be close at the kill of the process.

I hope that the two link bugs were rapidely corrected, and not with the next version of Spybot in 8 month.

Thank you.

Hello,

Please do not ask for help in several places (via e-mail and forum) as this doubles our support time. Thanks.

You already got an answer via e-mail:

thank you for reporting this issue.
    This appears to be a dead link.
    To do the defragmentation please start the Windows Explorer from the repair environment system menu. Then right click the drive to be defragmented and select properties and then the tools tab. There you will find a working defragmentation option.

yes this is a bug.
    And it will be fixed before the release of Spybot S&D 2.2.
    However it does not have a high priority since the defragmentation option is still available and because this is an additional option and not a core part of Spybot S&D 2.1.
    Best regards
    Sandra
    Twam Spybot

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

I haven't idea of how time you must have to correct this bugs, a week ? a month ? can you please contact me if this features are corrected ? I will maybe buy a version.

Thank you for your answer SpybotSandra. Sorry for the ducliate message.

I wondered if it is planned to do a sandbox in spybot in the next releases ?

The repair environment is it using a sandbox system to run yet ?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by matdefrance View Post
    I haven't idea of how time you must have to correct this bugs, a week ? a month ?
    The time needed to solve a bug depends on many different, like the priority of the bug and if it can be solved trought an update or only trought and upgrade.

But i dont think you should expact an fix much sooner as in 4 month. - But this is only my private opinion, not an official statement.

לשונות רעות שנפגעו שלוש פעמים: למי שמדבר, שדברו עליהם ומי שמקשיב.

שלום

4 month to correct two links... It's very long I find...

The next version whose planed is the 2.2, that I will wait up to next year...
    Last edited by matdefrance; 2013-05-30 at 13:50.

The next version whose planed is the 2.2, that I will wait up to next year...
    2.1 is only a few days old. also other software dont release major releases much more as 1 per year. For a new Version of Windows you wait between 2 and 4 years.

לשונות רעות שנפגעו שלוש פעמים: למי שמדבר, שדברו עליהם ומי שמקשיב.

שלום

If I look between release 2.0 and 2.1, there are 7 month.
    Then if you release corrections in the version 2.2, we are at the end of the year or beginning of next year.

I regret that you don't a official thread with the Spybot project manager, where the users can exchange with the development team of Spybot.
    And on this thread, the user can see the list with the identified bugs or the projects, as lot of games developpers and especially your concurrent Avast do it, as the users can see that you work on the corrections and the future features.

I have three critiques if I can call it that of the Spybot software products graphical interfaces actually :
    Firstly the repair environment there is not finished code, links are missing. It's a pity because the technicien as me, if you use the repair environment, it's exactly because you can't acces at the defragment function in the system !!!
    The second, is that the french translation are imperfect, lots of parts are in english, and that's the same critics I read on french websites on computer software tests. I propose to help you to traduce it if you wish.
    The third, that the repair environment are missing on the boot CD ISO I believe, but if you can't run your computer, it may be interresting to can go on a website to download a special software or go on the "windows explorer" with the repair environment to recover the personnal datas, e-mail or favorites etc ...

At this moment, I haven't any reason to buy your software for the reasons I will expose you above, but it is only my opinion.

Thank you to consider my post.
    Last edited by matdefrance; 2013-05-30 at 18:42.

In Memoriam -Always in our heart nickW's Avatar

The second, is that the french translation are imperfect, lots of parts are in english, and that's the same critics I read on french websites on computer software tests.
    Bonjour,

La traduction en français est terminée et complète.

Malheureusement, ils ont joint à la version finale de Spybot 2.1 un fichier de langue créé il y a plus de 2 mois pour une des versions bêta.
    Il n'existe pas de procédure officielle pour mettre à jour seulement un fichier de langue.
    Je ne peux donc vous transmettre ce fichier, ni le fichier d'aide qui est lui aussi entièrement traduit (L'Équipe Spybot a ces deux fichiers).

Salut,
    nickW, traductrice de Spybot-S&D en français
    ASAP & UNITE member
    Forum d'Assiste.com

Quote Originally Posted by nickW View Post
    Bonjour,

La traduction en français est terminée et complète.

Malheureusement, ils ont joint à la version finale de Spybot 2.1 un fichier de langue créé il y a plus de 2 mois pour une des versions bêta.
    Il n'existe pas de procédure officielle pour mettre à jour seulement un fichier de langue.
    Je ne peux donc vous transmettre ce fichier, ni le fichier d'aide qui est lui aussi entièrement traduit (L'Équipe Spybot a ces deux fichiers).
    Donc ça va être corrigé ? Ce n'est qu'une question de temps ?