Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Problem with repair environment

Hello,

The official statement was this:

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    thank you for reporting this issue.
    This appears to be a dead link.
    To do the defragmentation please start the Windows Explorer from the repair environment system menu. Then right click the drive to be defragmented and select properties and then the tools tab. There you will find a working defragmentation option.

yes this is a bug.
    And it will be fixed before the release of Spybot S&D 2.2.
    However it does not have a high priority since the defragmentation option is still available and because this is an additional option and not a core part of Spybot S&D 2.1.
    I'm sorry, but there won't be another answer by asking about this daily.
    Version 2.1 has just been released, so we won't have a release date for any future version at this early stage.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

I find this is very surprising silence of the development team, because it is not necessary for it to communicate about the bug fixes of the final version their released 3 weeks ago now. Frustrate !

Quote Originally Posted by matdefrance View Post
    I find this is very surprising silence of the development team, because it is not necessary for it to communicate about the bug fixes of the final version their released 3 weeks ago now. Frustrate !
    what do you think, can be done and planned from the development team only 3 weeks after release? Do you think 3 weeks are much time for a programmer? - If yes, you probably dont knew anything about programming and in this case, you should'nt talk like yozu do. I understand its frustrating, if a Program you like, dont work correctly... but if the developers dont get enought time for serios fixing, the next errors will be only one step away.

לשונות רעות שנפגעו שלוש פעמים: למי שמדבר, שדברו עליהם ומי שמקשיב.

שלום

I reported you three bugs :
    - 2 dead links in the Protected Repair Environment (PRE).
    - The incomplete french translation, you integrate a beta translation in the final version.
    - A incomplete desinstallation with an appearance of Spybot when inserting an external device to the computer.

To me these three problems can be resolved quickly (less than one month I think).

Now I do not know how many total bugs are in your list, because you have absolutely no contact about it at the users. In addition, I do not know how many developers contains your team, and if the only task is to develop/correct Spybot, or if she has other activities in addition to Spybot.

Best regards.

I suggest at the development team to add the possibility to run in the Protected Repair Environment (PRE) a checkdisk.

Too, in the PRE, if you change the default defrag tool of Windows 7 with another software as defragler (Pirifom), the PRE must run the other software because it is the new default !
    Last edited by matdefrance; 2013-06-15 at 16:17.

I suggest at the development team to add the possibility to run in the Protected Repair Environment (PRE) a checkdisk.
    I mean a screen to select the devices as this picture :
    Capture.PNG
    A screen to lunch the checkdisk on a selected device, or/and a possibility to select all devices to choose a checkdisk (too for device that requert a reboot) :
    Capture1.PNG

What is the opinion of the development team about my suggestion ? Add or not in the feature ?

You can find a help to write this functionnality at this website :
    http://therightstuff.de/2009/02/14/C...ll-Drives.aspx
    There are source code too to download on this website.

An updated french localization is ready and about to be released. It took some time since we updated our internal QA to better deal with translations of different versions.

There's also a mini bug fix release pending that will include updated localizations.

As for the PRE, it's a difficult environment - some tools, even Microsoft ones, for example are linked to a running Explorer instance that's already on the main desktop. With defragmentation, the issue is whether to call the 32 or 64 bit version it seems. That's fixed, but the fix probably won't be out before 2.2.

Keep in mind that Spybot has a bunch of modules, and each change triggers a list of tests so check for side effects on other modules...

The command line is currently the best workaround to run other apps than those listed (as seen in your link - that's why we have the command line there). I understand the need to have more easy to access shortcuts, there might be an ption for this in the future, but the focus of PRE is malware cleaning currently.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    The command line is currently the best workaround to run other apps than those listed (as seen in your link - that's why we have the command line there). I understand the need to have more easy to access shortcuts, there might be an option for this in the future, but the focus of PRE is malware cleaning currently.
    To clarify my idea, the link I posted is just the result of my research and I post it to perhaps help you to develop the option.

My main idea is a option in PRE to complete the maintenance idea and I think only the checkdisk is missing, but the users must have the possibility to select all or just some drives).
    You include defrag tool in the pre, why not the checkdisk tool. This is my only complaint, after that I'll be happy !

I hope it for the v2.2 ? Idea forward release ? Christmas ?

Thank you for your answer PepiMK. I took note of your response elements.
    Last edited by matdefrance; 2013-06-19 at 20:17.