Thread: odd redirect and occasional applet calls.

Exclamation odd redirect and occasional applet calls.

We are having an issue with occasional redirects on searching and occasionally something calls applets or procedures that don't exist. We think these have been removed by symantec AV and we have removed references to these(?) in the registry using ccleaner.

The redirect issue seems to occour both in Google and bing. in bing ive noticed that we can use the back key or go back to the search page to get the correct page.

None of these issues are corrected by spybot scans. I have noticed occasional attempted connections which i believe orginate outside our home network. These are blocked by symantec.

We have a wnr3500 netgear router that appears to be fully updated.

We have used the root kit tool and found only symantec programs.

I really dont waNT TO RELOAD WINDOWS SINCE THIS IS MY MAIN MACHINE. sry about the caps

Hello Rockut,

For someone to take a look at the system please start a topic in the Malware Removal Forum and a volunteer analyst will advise when available.

First see that forum's FAQ which also includes instructions in post #2 on how to provide DDS and aswMBR logs, which are used in the preliminary analysis.
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016