Thread: Spybot seems to zap one of my programs

Default Spybot seems to zap one of my programs

Hi,

Yesterday I downloaded the latest version of Spybot and ran it. I then noticed that it had quarantined one of my programs called JDownloader. Spybot appears to have put it its' quarantine section as a rar file. When I try to open the rar file it tells me I need the password. I have no idea what the password is or why it is happening. Originally JDownloader was a folder in my Programs folder.

Can you offer me any help as to how I can get it out of quarantine and back to the programs folder? I'm trying to do this because there was a list of files in JDownloader waiting to be downloaded and I don't remember where all of them came from or I would just re-install JDownloader.

Thank you

You should be able to go into quarantine,find jdownloader,checkmark all detected items of product underneath it,then click restore selected.

In case you're wondering why it's detected,I found a post about that here:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...loader-spyware
    And this explains the pups category:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/faq/pups/

Thanks for responding.

How do I do that? Everything in the quarantine folder is a WinRAR Zip Archive file. I don't see anything to check or uncheck and I also don't see a restore button. I liked the old Spybot better in that after you ran it, it showed you what it found and you had the option to delete it or not. Is that possible in the newer versions of Spybot?

Ignore my last post about how to do it. I was in the quarantine folder through Explorer rather than through Spybot.

I would still like to know about my other questions though and how to exclude JDownloader on future scans if I keep Spybot. I have never liked the fact that I have no say in what a program is deleting off my computer.

I found the quarantine through Spybot and put a check in the JDownloader box and hit restore selected. I have had an hourglass on my cursor now for about 15 mins with an occasional flash to an arrow. It doesn't take 15 mins to restore does it? What should I do?

I liked the old Spybot better in that after you ran it, it showed you what it found and you had the option to delete it or not. Is that possible in the newer versions of Spybot?
    Yes,to see what Spybot found after a scan is done you can click Show scan results,or you can click Show Details in the lower right corner,and that will bring up the scan results,and you can uncheck anything you would rather not delete from there.

To exclude Jdownloder from future scans,please checkmark Advanced User Mode,go to Settings(saying yes to the UAC prompt if applicable),click the Ignore Lists tab,click Add...,then type in Jdownloader,and when it comes up select it,and click ok,then click Apply,and then OK.

As for quarantine,no,15 minutes seems a little long to restore Jdownloader.
    I don't really have anything major in my quarantine to restore to compare,but I think I'd probably try shutting down Spybot,rebooting my computer,and after you're logged back into windows,rightclicking Spybot-S&D Start Center and selecting run as administrator if you're on windows vista or higher,then going back into quarantine,and trying to restore Jdownloader again.